As The Washington Post points out, her name was never Rosie and she wasn’t a riveter. But Geraldine Doyle and the original image of her that led to the iconic image of a working woman staring us into action are unlikely to fade from our political landscape any time soon. Thank you, Geraldine, and RIP.
Home » Arts & Entertainment » RIP Factory Worker Who Inspired “Rosie the Riveter” and We Can Do It!” Poster
Search The Moderate Voice
Donate to The Moderate Voice
Use the Dollar Button below!
- Ballard Burgher on Obama’s Big Gaffe on ISIS: Says “We don’t have a strategy yet.”
- dduck on Obama’s Big Gaffe on ISIS: Says “We don’t have a strategy yet.”
- sheknows on Obama’s Big Gaffe on ISIS: Says “We don’t have a strategy yet.”
- Shannon Lee on Have we gone to war again?
- RON BEASLEY, Assistant Editor on Weekend Photo
- Ebola outbreak reaches Senegal, riots break out in Guinea August 29, 2014
- Ukraine seeks to join NATO; defiant Putin compares Kiev to Nazis August 29, 2014
- Family of instructor killed at Arizona gun range does not blame girl August 29, 2014
- Syrian refugees top 3 million, half of all Syrians displaced: U.N. August 29, 2014
- Ukraine seeks NATO membership in response to Russia joining war August 29, 2014
- Putin says Russia must strengthen its economic, military position in Arctic August 29, 2014
- U.N. says 43 Golan peacekeepers seized by Syria militants, 81 trapped August 29, 2014
- Tragedy-hit Malaysia Airlines to lose 6,000 jobs in bold revamp August 29, 2014
- California passes 'yes-means-yes' campus sexual assault bill August 29, 2014
- Special Report: The billion-dollar fall of the house of Espirito Santo August 29, 2014
2008 Elections Afghanistan Afghanistan War Al Qaeda Barack Obama Bill Clinton Blogging Business Cartoon Commentary China Columnists Comedy & Humor Congress Conservatives Corporations Democrats Economy Europe France Germany Health Health Care History Human Rights Iran Iraq Iraq War Islam Israel Journalism Media Media Criticism Middle East Mitt Romney Newspapers Newsweek Blogitics Pakistan Politics Republicans Russia Television Terrorism USA Wall Street War On Terror