As The Washington Post points out, her name was never Rosie and she wasn’t a riveter. But Geraldine Doyle and the original image of her that led to the iconic image of a working woman staring us into action are unlikely to fade from our political landscape any time soon. Thank you, Geraldine, and RIP.
Home » Arts & Entertainment » RIP Factory Worker Who Inspired “Rosie the Riveter” and We Can Do It!” Poster
Search The Moderate Voice
Donate to The Moderate Voice
Use the Dollar Button below!
- The_Ohioan on It’s Pizza Time
- slamfu on Meet the Comedy Central Press
- Kevin Purcell on California Study Debunks Claims That Medicaid Expansion Will Increase ER Utilization Long Term And Excessively Increase Costs
- JIM SATTERFIELD on Avoiding Panic Regarding Ebola
- SteveK on California Study Debunks Claims That Medicaid Expansion Will Increase ER Utilization Long Term And Excessively Increase Costs
- Americans 'can't give in to hysteria or fear' over Ebola: Obama October 18, 2014
- U.S.-led coalition jets strike Kobani, Islamic State shells hit Turkey October 18, 2014
- Sick woman at Dallas train station not on Ebola watchlist: official October 18, 2014
- Hong Kong democracy street battles rage on despite imminent talks October 18, 2014
- Missouri officer says he feared for life before shooting unarmed teen: report October 18, 2014
- Suspected Boko Haram fighters mount deadly attacks after Nigeria 'ceasefire' October 18, 2014
- Supreme Court denies request to block Texas voter ID law October 18, 2014
- Obama says Ebola travel ban could make things worse October 18, 2014
- U.S.-led coalition jets strike Kobani after Islamic State shelling October 18, 2014
- Japan rolls out 'long-held dream' with first commercial jet in 50 years October 18, 2014
2008 Elections Afghanistan Afghanistan War Al Qaeda Barack Obama Bill Clinton Blogging Business Cartoon Commentary China Columnists Comedy & Humor Congress Conservatives Corporations Democrats Economy Europe France Germany Health Health Care History Human Rights Iran Iraq Iraq War Islam Israel Journalism Media Media Criticism Middle East Mitt Romney Newspapers Newsweek Blogitics Pakistan Politics Republicans Russia Television Terrorism USA Wall Street War On Terror
Creative Commons License
The Moderate Voice by Joe Gandelman is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.