michael-jackson-bir_797946c

UPDATE: Web Site TMZ.com is now reporting Jackson has died.

E! News is also reporting his death.

The LA Times is now confirming his death.

It seems official enough to confirm, Michael Jackson has died at the age of 50.

———-

After already getting the news of Ed McMahon passing earlier this week and Farrah Fawcett dying today we now have news that number three may be on the way.

Michael Jackson has been rushed to the hospital with cardiac arrest and was reportedly not breathing and needed CPR. If this is true it does not bode well for Jackson as you generally need treatment almost immediately after cardiac arrest (which is heart stoppage).

Could be a big story folks.

PATRICK EDABURN, Assistant Editor
shannonlee
shannonlee

He is gone. I know for a fact. Sad, but people die all of the time. No worse than when I child is murdered in Darfur. Too bad we don’t get headline news about that.

shut the hell up

GET A REAL LIFE AND ON THE WAY PICK UP A GOOD HEART

T-Steel

Shannonlee, I understand your point. But like it or not, Michael Jackson has a much larger sphere of influence than the poor children of Darfur. I hate what’s happening in Darfur but this post is about Michael Jackson.

I’m having a hard time figuring out why this is making me as sad as it is. He really hasn’t done anything interesting musically since the early 90s, and certainly his last few years have been colored by the charges of abuse and his generally strange behavior. But it seems that somehow the arc of his life was bent both toward and struggling against the sins of his father, and he was such an icon and incredible talent. I hope he’s found the peace that he never seemed to have in life.

THEBLACKQUEEN

U poor people wanting to put down someone i wonder whats in your closet, get some real fame and money lets see what you do REST IN PEACE KING OF POP

$199537
$199537
I know what you mean roro80. In my case I grew up with his music. I remember doing my homework listening to AM radio when the song “I’ll be There” came on, I stopped what I was doing and turned up the radio thinking “who is this guy, he’s great”. The first 45 I ever bought was Rockin Robin by Michael Jackson (OK no criticizing my musical taste, I was young). Then in college MTV begins and we were all Thriller crazy. To me this is a part of my childhood passing even though that Michael Jackson was really gone… Read more »
Lucy_edwins
Lucy_edwins

Am sand he has passed away and so are many others,you can critize him all you want but the fact is it doesnt matter any longer.

ordinarysparrow

Ahhh. .. May Michael know peace. . .

such a full complex life; tender, vain, fantasy, surreal, fame, hard knocks, pathologies, larger than life smaller than what he could of been, brilliant, gifted, tragic, hopeful,desperate, creative, full of heart and denial, shattered into thousands jagged edges sometimes drawing blood for himself and those that loved him,reflecting the good, and the ugly in our culture. . .what was pop culture and who was Michael?. . .

DdW
DdW

I am sorry, but my shedding tears for Michael Jacson’s “fame” and “contributions” is tempered and commensurated by and with my rememberance of his infamy–especially when it comes to innocent children.

kathykattenburg
kathykattenburg
All of my power is off at home and I have 10 minutes to write this in the library before it closes. I found out about Jackson just before my power failed, at about 8 pm. I just want to say for now that I agree with what Tyrone wrote. Regardless of Michael Jackson’s personal problems and oddities, he was a gargantuan musical and performing talent — one whose like we are not likely to see again. He also had a very sad life. I don’t know all the reasons for it (I know his father was a big factor,… Read more »
kathykattenburg
kathykattenburg

I hope he finds the peace he never found in life.

mytoyoka
mytoyoka

One of the biggest lost in music industry..and no matter what people say about Michael Jackson..he still the ONE and ONLY KING OF POP…I am a fan..and will always be..rest in peace Michael..

kathykattenburg
kathykattenburg

Oh my god. I just saw that roro wrote almost the same thing I did. That’s weird.

hareton
hareton

I am pleased that Michael Jackson has died. He was a very beautiful and talented child and a gifted young man whose music brought happiness to others. Unfortunately he grew to be self loathing, drug addicted and destructive. The abuse he received from his father as a child was something he revisited on other innocent children. All the music in the world doesn’t excuse this. He was a profoundly unhappy, sick, damaged and damaging man. I am pleased he out of his misery and can no longer hurt any more children.

HARETON SOMEONE WILL PROBABLY BE GLAD WHEN YOUR SORRY ASS DIES

AustinRoth
AustinRoth

Even in death, his talent and fame cannot, and should not, be allowed to overshadow the reality of the fact that he was a sexual predator of young children. It tarnishes everything he accomplished as an artist.

insufferable_know_it_all
insufferable_know_it_all

I think he was found not guilty on those charges and since then no more has surfaced. I think you better look at the fact that people tried to extort money out of him.

AustinRoth
AustinRoth

insufferable_know_it_all – yeah, he just spent $20M in hush money for the heck of it.

Oh, and OJ is innocent, too.

THEBLACKQUEEN

POOR JEALOUS PEOPLE YOUR PEOPLE WE LIE DO ANYTHING TO KEEP AFRICAN AMERICANS DOWN BUT U NEVER WILL. REST IN PEACE MICHAEL YOUR TALENT AND LOVE KINDNESS REST IN PEACE WITH GOD AND THANK YOU FOR BEING SUCH A GOOD PERSON. MICHAEAL WAS INNOCENT YOUR PEOPLE ARE LOOKING FOR ANY REASON TO NOT REALIZE THAT YOUR NOT GONNA KEEP BLACKS FROM ANYTHING… HAHHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAH

AustinRoth
AustinRoth
THEBLACKQUEEN – THANK YOU JESUS, OH THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU SWEET JESUS LORD ALMIGHTY FOR SENDING ME THIS EBONY GODDESS, AND FOR HELPING THAT SUGAR MAMA SHOW ME THE LIGHT AND THE ERRORS OF MY WAYS!!! THE GOSPEL TRUTHFULNESS OF YOUR WORDS FLOWED THROUGH HER, AND THE MIGHTY RIGHTEOUSNESS OF YOUR VERACITY HAS SAVED MY ETERNAL SOUL FROM DAMNATION!!! I SEE NOW, TOO, THE TRUE PULCHRITUDE THAT YOU HAVE BESTOWED ONLY UPON YOUR FAVORED PEOPLE OF COLOR, THE TRUE AND ONLY CHOSEN ONES!!! BLACK IS BEAUTIFUL, LORD, IT IS INDEED!!! I WILL CAST OFF THE SHACKLES OF OPPRESSION… Read more »
bigbob1972
bigbob1972

At least Children will be safe from him now. I bet he thought it was really hot when his head caught fire in the Pepsi add, I would bet Hell is much hotter then that. Justice is served.

casualobserver
casualobserver

Farrah Fawcett is much more deserving of a thread than 4 on this guy.

bec848484
bec848484

leave him alone…what do you know!!! noone knows what went on behind the scenes…alot of money grabbing families..otherwise he wouldnt have been aquitted

blazenman
blazenman

to those commenting on the dark parts of Michael’s life and that are glad he’s dead, i hope that when you die, all the people will remember you for everything bad that you’ve done. I don’t give a crap who it is, or what that person has done, you must honor the dead. They deserve THAT much at least. He spread inspiration through many artists that you may listen to today or in the past BECAUSE of his music. Yet you repay back by spitting on him when he is dead? You make me sick.

midnight28
midnight28

except for the fact the he was never convicted of hurting “innocent” children! that was such a scam and people just wanted money, and they figured because he paid the first time because he didn’t want any legal battles that he would do it again! people still condemn him even though he was never convicted! he was weird, i’ll give you that, but i don’t think he did a damn thing to any kids and it was just money grubbing people using there kids to fatten their bank accounts!

William18
William18

The Greatest Pop Singer Ever. Definately the King of Pop.
R.I.P. Michael Jackson

flitterfly
flitterfly

lol someone is high and mighty now aren’t they?
no one must do anything this site is for freedom of speech they may say what they will.
Anyways to wish ill on someone because of their misdeeds is asking for the same negativity back.
practice what you preach and maybe some one will follow in suit.
I hope his energy becomes one with positive matter in this universe.

t3ckn0b0y
t3ckn0b0y

Rest in peace Michael, may the Lord give you the peace you couldn’t find here on earth,
and and may you find comfort from the abuse you have indured as a child and that pain
will be no more.. Thank you for the many great songs over the years, and reach out to
feed the hungry, your work here on earth was not invane you have brought people together,
and helped weaken the racist barriers..

Roy

You can read more about the condition behind Michael Jackson’s death here:

DLS
DLS

“Farrah Fawcett is much more deserving of a thread than 4 [plus] on this guy.”

Well, after all, there’s nothing “new” about this “new” media. It’s no different than non-stop Jacko on CNN.

And it ends the current obscession with and excessive number of threads about Sanford and “family values.”

insufferable_know_it_all
insufferable_know_it_all
Go start a thread about her then. You are not a helpless creature. As one of my fav female actresses,I am sorry she’s dead too, but she was actually suffering so much even though she was a fighter. She had a long, long, battle w/cancer. But you know someone like Michael Jackson w/all his accomplishments are going to take precedence. Do you forget all he’s one such as live aid? And remember he was found not guilty of those charges, and even the conservative Larry King was going to testify in his behalf because he overheard the plantiff’s even plan… Read more »

DESERVING ARE U

Notintime
Notintime
Sad that ignorant people that have nothing to go on but story hungry media and money grubbing opportunists still ridicule him even in death. Nevermind his foundations such as Heal the World which has raised millions to help those in need and further support of some 30+ other charities, millions donated to charities, all the happy kids that got to go to his amusement park and the list goes on forever. Lest we forget what an inspiration he’s been to so many upcoming artists in the entertainment industry and the millions of fans that he’s accumulated over the years. He… Read more »
Rick Garner

Now, I don’t wish to cheapen or mock the friendship Taylor and Jackson experienced. It’s not my place to judge that whatsoever. But how many other people, fans, and gawkers who didn’t share anything close to their relationship are claiming they feel the same way? Read more: http://richardtgarner.blogspot.com/2009/06/my-life-feels-so-empty-really.html

DLS
DLS

“Go start a thread about her then.”

_You_ start one. This admonition of yours (and the rest of the illogical response) doesn’t follow from what I wrote.

orthot
orthot
There are some of you who are convinced he was a child molester/pedophile. We really don’t know do we? He was found not guilty on both counts. Whether he is or is not- leave the man in peace. Finally he can find the serenity that he so wanted in life – free from legal troubles (not saying he did not make some stupid choices), free from money problems (again he made some stupid choices), free from the judgement of people. Musically he was gifted. That you cannot dispute even if it was way in the past. Rest in peace Michael.… Read more »
x_gawjuzgal_x
x_gawjuzgal_x

i cant beleive it he was a legend he will never be forgoten no-one deserves to die R.I.P michael jackson

reneejbl
reneejbl

There will be no other to entertain us the way that Micheal did. He showed us pizzaz and class through his music. He had no chilhood, so there it was given at full force through his music and footwork. He could not control his feet. He was and will always be amazing “man in the mirror”. No message could have been any clearer. We will miss him, truly he always in our hearts.