There could be some short term tactical gains for the McCain campaign (send a message to the press about more favorable coverage, be cheered by some in the GOP’s base) but it’s a huge mistake in the long run. It will confirm the growing belief that the McCain campaign is afraid to expose Palin to uncontrolled questioning and that she can’t handle questions. And it adds to the general narrative that the Straight Talk Express is not. This will most certainly be reflected in some campaign coverage and analysis.
Search The Moderate Voice
Donate to The Moderate Voice
- Bob Munck on Ezra Klein on Obamacare
- dduck on Bill O’Reilly: Conservatives won’t watch Stephen Colbert on the ‘Late Show’
- Bob Munck on The Prophecy of Obama
- Patrick Holman on The Prophecy of Obama
- Bob Munck on N Is For Nature