There were fireworks at the Senate Judiciary Committee hearing on gun violence today when Democrat and gun control advocate Illinois Sen. Dick Durban decided to puncture one of the key talking points delivered by NRA bigwig Wayne LaPierre. The bottom line on LaPierre and the NRA’s position on gun regulation is: Just Say No To Any New Laws or Regulation. And that includes what many had (incorrectly) assumed would be one of the most basic changes both sides could agree on, the need for more extensive background checks.
Home » Business » Sen. Dick Durban Tells NRA’s Wayne LaPierre He “Misses the Point Entirely” on Background Checks (Video)
Search The Moderate Voice
Donate to The Moderate Voice
Use the Dollar Button below!
- Yum cuts ties to owner of China meat plant after scandal July 23, 2014
- Exclusive: Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile July 23, 2014
- TransAsia Airways plane crashes in typhoon-hit Taiwan, killing 47 July 23, 2014
- Gaza bloodshed deepens as airlines shun Israel July 23, 2014
- GM recalls 717,950 vehicles in U.S., not for ignition switches July 23, 2014
- Two Ukrainian fighter jets shot down over rebel-held territory July 23, 2014
- NBA great LeBron James sends 800 cupcake apologies to hometown July 23, 2014
- Hamas tactics exact high toll in Israeli ground thrust July 23, 2014
- SEC adopts long-awaited reforms for money market funds July 23, 2014
- South Korea ferry fugitive hid behind cabin wall, bags of cash at hand July 23, 2014
2008 Elections Afghanistan Afghanistan War Al Qaeda Barack Obama Bill Clinton Blogging Business Cartoon Commentary China Columnists Comedy & Humor Congress Conservatives Corporations Democrats Economy Europe France Germany Health Health Care History Human Rights Iran Iraq Iraq War Islam Israel Journalism Media Media Criticism Middle East Mitt Romney Newspapers Newsweek Blogitics Pakistan Politics Republicans Russia Television Terrorism USA Wall Street War On Terror