If you don’t believe Newt Gingrich has baggage that will surely chip away at his polling numbers if he gets the Republican Presidential nomination — which I increasingly feel he can do — then just read Maureen Dowd, who effectively catalogs it in her newest masterful-as-usual column. The reality is that in politics baggage does count to a certain extent because it can steadily reduce support if it is highlighted or — as is the unfortunate case in politics — greatly exaggerated. Gingrich is fun to watch, has paid his dues to the Republican party, has made his peace with Evangelicals, has done exceedingly well during debates (except for his tiresome right-on-schedule picked fights with the media which probably endeared him to Republicans). But he has so much baggage TSA will have to send in a team.
Search The Moderate Voice
Donate to The Moderate Voice
Use the Dollar Button below!
- Wall St. ends lower on global bond rout, Yellen warning May 6, 2015
- Germanwings pilot rehearsed crash on outbound flight May 6, 2015
- Oil hits 2015 peak after first U.S. crude drawdown since January May 6, 2015
- Yellen cites 'potential dangers' in U.S. stock valuations May 6, 2015
- U.S. private payrolls growth eases; productivity falls May 6, 2015
- Oil's bull run hides a deep disconnect, crude traders warn May 6, 2015
- Global bond selloff deepens, oil hits year's high May 6, 2015
- Florida woman's online order asks for pizza, police help May 6, 2015
- Obama expected to push for Gulf missile defense at U.S. summit May 6, 2015
- U.S. aims to make Iran nuclear deal immune to Russian, Chinese veto May 6, 2015
2008 Elections Afghanistan Afghanistan War Al Qaeda Barack Obama Bill Clinton Blogging Business Cartoon Commentary China Columnists Comedy & Humor Congress Conservatives Corporations Democrats Economy Europe France Germany Health Health Care History Human Rights Iran Iraq Iraq War Islam Israel Journalism Media Media Criticism Middle East Mitt Romney Newspapers Newsweek Blogitics Pakistan Politics Republicans Russia Television Terrorism USA Wall Street War On Terror
Creative Commons License
The Moderate Voice by Joe Gandelman is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.