If you don’t believe Newt Gingrich has baggage that will surely chip away at his polling numbers if he gets the Republican Presidential nomination — which I increasingly feel he can do — then just read Maureen Dowd, who effectively catalogs it in her newest masterful-as-usual column. The reality is that in politics baggage does count to a certain extent because it can steadily reduce support if it is highlighted or — as is the unfortunate case in politics — greatly exaggerated. Gingrich is fun to watch, has paid his dues to the Republican party, has made his peace with Evangelicals, has done exceedingly well during debates (except for his tiresome right-on-schedule picked fights with the media which probably endeared him to Republicans). But he has so much baggage TSA will have to send in a team.
Search The Moderate Voice
Donate to The Moderate Voice
- Afghan Taliban name a new leader, but peace talks delayed July 30, 2015
- Indian Ocean debris almost certainly from a Boeing 777: Malaysia July 30, 2015
- Judge sets $1 million bond for Ohio officer charged in murder July 30, 2015
- Consumer spending bolsters U.S. second-quarter growth July 30, 2015
- 'What lion?' Zimbabweans ask, amid global Cecil circus July 30, 2015
- Dollar, bond yields hold firm ahead of GDP data July 30, 2015
- China says U.S. 'militarizing' South China Sea July 30, 2015
- Taliban disavows Afghan peace talks after leader declared dead July 30, 2015
- Syrian group says Nusra abducts its leader, in blow to U.S. plan July 30, 2015
- Independent media battle on in Putin's Russia July 30, 2015
2008 Elections Afghanistan Afghanistan War Al Qaeda Barack Obama Bill Clinton Blogging Business Cartoon Commentary China Columnists Comedy & Humor Congress Conservatives Corporations Democrats Economy Europe France Germany Health Health Care History Human Rights Iran Iraq Iraq War Islam Israel Journalism Media Media Criticism Middle East Mitt Romney Newspapers Newsweek Blogitics Pakistan Politics Republicans Russia Television Terrorism USA Wall Street War On Terror
Creative Commons License
The Moderate Voice by Joe Gandelman is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.