If you don’t believe Newt Gingrich has baggage that will surely chip away at his polling numbers if he gets the Republican Presidential nomination — which I increasingly feel he can do — then just read Maureen Dowd, who effectively catalogs it in her newest masterful-as-usual column. The reality is that in politics baggage does count to a certain extent because it can steadily reduce support if it is highlighted or — as is the unfortunate case in politics — greatly exaggerated. Gingrich is fun to watch, has paid his dues to the Republican party, has made his peace with Evangelicals, has done exceedingly well during debates (except for his tiresome right-on-schedule picked fights with the media which probably endeared him to Republicans). But he has so much baggage TSA will have to send in a team.
Search The Moderate Voice
Donate to The Moderate Voice
Use the Dollar Button below!
- Fighting complicates Ukraine crash probe, U.S., EU prepare Russia sanctions July 27, 2014
- Fighting in Gaza abates, but truce hopes look fragile July 27, 2014
- Sierra Leone Ebola patient, recovered from family, dies in ambulance July 27, 2014
- Boko Haram kidnaps wife of Cameroon's vice PM, kills at least three July 27, 2014
- UPDATE 2-Costa Concordia completes its voyage to the scrap yard July 27, 2014
- Scandal-hit China food firm withdrawing all products, U.S. parent says July 27, 2014
- Pushing locals aside, Russians take top rebel posts in east Ukraine July 27, 2014
- Israeli military resumes Gaza fighting, says Hamas ignored truce July 27, 2014
- From 'Avengers' to 'Ant-Man,' Marvel superheroes entice Comic Con audience July 27, 2014
- California wildfire near Sacramento forces hundreds to flee July 27, 2014
2008 Elections Afghanistan Afghanistan War Al Qaeda Barack Obama Bill Clinton Blogging Business Cartoon Commentary China Columnists Comedy & Humor Congress Conservatives Corporations Democrats Economy Europe France Germany Health Health Care History Human Rights Iran Iraq Iraq War Islam Israel Journalism Media Media Criticism Middle East Mitt Romney Newspapers Newsweek Blogitics Pakistan Politics Republicans Russia Television Terrorism USA Wall Street War On Terror