If you don’t believe Newt Gingrich has baggage that will surely chip away at his polling numbers if he gets the Republican Presidential nomination — which I increasingly feel he can do — then just read Maureen Dowd, who effectively catalogs it in her newest masterful-as-usual column. The reality is that in politics baggage does count to a certain extent because it can steadily reduce support if it is highlighted or — as is the unfortunate case in politics — greatly exaggerated. Gingrich is fun to watch, has paid his dues to the Republican party, has made his peace with Evangelicals, has done exceedingly well during debates (except for his tiresome right-on-schedule picked fights with the media which probably endeared him to Republicans). But he has so much baggage TSA will have to send in a team.
Search The Moderate Voice
Donate to The Moderate Voice
Use the Dollar Button below!
- Northeast U.S. braves 'crippling' blizzard January 26, 2015
- Kurds push Islamic State out of Kobani after four-month battle January 26, 2015
- Oil slides despite OPEC talk of a floor January 26, 2015
- U.S. government unveils goal to move Medicare away from fee-for-service January 26, 2015
- Small drone crashes on White House grounds, operator comes forward January 26, 2015
- Ukraine rebels move to encircle government troops in new advance January 26, 2015
- Greek leftist Tsipras sworn in as PM to fight bailout terms January 26, 2015
- Obama ends day of Indian pageantry with $4 billion pledge January 26, 2015
- Euro recovers, global stocks up after Greek vote January 26, 2015
- Russia warns West not to blackmail it over Ukraine January 26, 2015
2008 Elections Afghanistan Afghanistan War Al Qaeda Barack Obama Bill Clinton Blogging Business Cartoon Commentary China Columnists Comedy & Humor Congress Conservatives Corporations Democrats Economy Europe France Germany Health Health Care History Human Rights Iran Iraq Iraq War Islam Israel Journalism Media Media Criticism Middle East Mitt Romney Newspapers Newsweek Blogitics Pakistan Politics Republicans Russia Television Terrorism USA Wall Street War On Terror
Creative Commons License
The Moderate Voice by Joe Gandelman is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.