If you don’t believe Newt Gingrich has baggage that will surely chip away at his polling numbers if he gets the Republican Presidential nomination — which I increasingly feel he can do — then just read Maureen Dowd, who effectively catalogs it in her newest masterful-as-usual column. The reality is that in politics baggage does count to a certain extent because it can steadily reduce support if it is highlighted or — as is the unfortunate case in politics — greatly exaggerated. Gingrich is fun to watch, has paid his dues to the Republican party, has made his peace with Evangelicals, has done exceedingly well during debates (except for his tiresome right-on-schedule picked fights with the media which probably endeared him to Republicans). But he has so much baggage TSA will have to send in a team.
Search The Moderate Voice
Donate to The Moderate Voice
- Oil drops on rising U.S. rig count July 3, 2015
- Tsipras dismisses Europe's warnings to Greece on vote July 3, 2015
- Jada Pinkett Smith on being the feminist force of 'Magic Mike XXL' July 3, 2015
- China hunts for 'manipulators' as stocks tumble July 3, 2015
- European bonds and stocks on the defensive before tight Greek vote July 3, 2015
- France rejects asylum request by Wikileaks founder Assange July 3, 2015
- Colombia capital on edge after two small explosions July 3, 2015
- Aetna to buy Humana for $37 billion in largest insurance deal July 3, 2015
- Malaysia PM slams corruption report; says part of political sabotage July 3, 2015
- Solar-powered plane breaks solo flight record across Pacific to Hawaii July 3, 2015
2008 Elections Afghanistan Afghanistan War Al Qaeda Barack Obama Bill Clinton Blogging Business Cartoon Commentary China Columnists Comedy & Humor Congress Conservatives Corporations Democrats Economy Europe France Germany Health Health Care History Human Rights Iran Iraq Iraq War Islam Israel Journalism Media Media Criticism Middle East Mitt Romney Newspapers Newsweek Blogitics Pakistan Politics Republicans Russia Television Terrorism USA Wall Street War On Terror
Creative Commons License
The Moderate Voice by Joe Gandelman is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.