If you don’t believe Newt Gingrich has baggage that will surely chip away at his polling numbers if he gets the Republican Presidential nomination — which I increasingly feel he can do — then just read Maureen Dowd, who effectively catalogs it in her newest masterful-as-usual column. The reality is that in politics baggage does count to a certain extent because it can steadily reduce support if it is highlighted or — as is the unfortunate case in politics — greatly exaggerated. Gingrich is fun to watch, has paid his dues to the Republican party, has made his peace with Evangelicals, has done exceedingly well during debates (except for his tiresome right-on-schedule picked fights with the media which probably endeared him to Republicans). But he has so much baggage TSA will have to send in a team.
Search The Moderate Voice
Donate to The Moderate Voice
Use the Dollar Button below!
- StockBoyLA on SCOTUS Rejects DOJ’s Emergency Request to Ban Texas Voter ID Law
- The_Ohioan on One Man, One Vote (Guest Voice)
- Momzworld on One Man, One Vote (Guest Voice)
- slamfu on SCOTUS Rejects DOJ’s Emergency Request to Ban Texas Voter ID Law
- slamfu on Avoiding Panic Regarding Ebola
- Hong Kong activists regroup; police chief warns safety at risk October 18, 2014
- Obama says Ebola travel ban could make things worse October 18, 2014
- U.S.-led coalition jets strike Kobani after Islamic State shelling October 18, 2014
- Japan rolls out 'long-held dream' with first commercial jet in 50 years October 18, 2014
- Japan ministers visit war dead shrine day after Abe sends offering October 18, 2014
- Hurricane Gonzalo scores bull's eye hit on Bermuda October 18, 2014
- Obama names Ebola 'czar,' bolsters Texas response October 18, 2014
- UPDATE 9-Hurricane Gonzalo scores bull's eye hit on Bermuda October 18, 2014
- California police identify remains of missing Saudi student October 18, 2014
- Skimpy weapons video involving servicemen investigated in Utah October 18, 2014
2008 Elections Afghanistan Afghanistan War Al Qaeda Barack Obama Bill Clinton Blogging Business Cartoon Commentary China Columnists Comedy & Humor Congress Conservatives Corporations Democrats Economy Europe France Germany Health Health Care History Human Rights Iran Iraq Iraq War Islam Israel Journalism Media Media Criticism Middle East Mitt Romney Newspapers Newsweek Blogitics Pakistan Politics Republicans Russia Television Terrorism USA Wall Street War On Terror
Creative Commons License
The Moderate Voice by Joe Gandelman is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.