There were fireworks at the Senate Judiciary Committee hearing on gun violence today when Democrat and gun control advocate Illinois Sen. Dick Durban decided to puncture one of the key talking points delivered by NRA bigwig Wayne LaPierre. The bottom line on LaPierre and the NRA’s position on gun regulation is: Just Say No To Any New Laws or Regulation. And that includes what many had (incorrectly) assumed would be one of the most basic changes both sides could agree on, the need for more extensive background checks.
Home » Business » Sen. Dick Durban Tells NRA’s Wayne LaPierre He “Misses the Point Entirely” on Background Checks (Video)
Search The Moderate Voice
Donate to The Moderate Voice
Use the Dollar Button below!
- Gaza fighting flares, Netanyahu and U.N. chief spar on truce terms July 28, 2014
- Shares down on Russia sanctions, weak housing July 28, 2014
- Ukraine claims more territory as fight intensifies with rebels July 28, 2014
- Rocket ignites blaze near Tripoli airport, Libya in chaos July 28, 2014
- Hague court orders Russia to pay over $50 billion in Yukos case July 28, 2014
- In Ukraine's east, Soviet-style economy withers under onslaught July 28, 2014
- Ukraine troops advance as experts renew attempt to reach crash site July 28, 2014
- Man found dead trapped between elevator and shaft wall in NYC July 28, 2014
- Dollar Tree to buy Family Dollar for $8.5 billion July 28, 2014
- Microsoft says government officials make sudden visits to China offices July 28, 2014
2008 Elections Afghanistan Afghanistan War Al Qaeda Barack Obama Bill Clinton Blogging Business Cartoon Commentary China Columnists Comedy & Humor Congress Conservatives Corporations Democrats Economy Europe France Germany Health Health Care History Human Rights Iran Iraq Iraq War Islam Israel Journalism Media Media Criticism Middle East Mitt Romney Newspapers Newsweek Blogitics Pakistan Politics Republicans Russia Television Terrorism USA Wall Street War On Terror