There were fireworks at the Senate Judiciary Committee hearing on gun violence today when Democrat and gun control advocate Illinois Sen. Dick Durban decided to puncture one of the key talking points delivered by NRA bigwig Wayne LaPierre. The bottom line on LaPierre and the NRA’s position on gun regulation is: Just Say No To Any New Laws or Regulation. And that includes what many had (incorrectly) assumed would be one of the most basic changes both sides could agree on, the need for more extensive background checks.
Home » Business » Sen. Dick Durban Tells NRA’s Wayne LaPierre He “Misses the Point Entirely” on Background Checks (Video)
Search The Moderate Voice
Donate to The Moderate Voice
Use the Dollar Button below!
- NYC police say hatchet attack by Islam convert was terrorism October 24, 2014
- Canada vows tougher laws as citizens worry in face of attacks October 24, 2014
- Two US states to quarantine health workers returning from Ebola zones October 24, 2014
- Two dead, four wounded after student opens fire at Washington state school October 24, 2014
- Wall St. boosted by earnings, S&P posts best week in nearly two years October 24, 2014
- 'We won't pay,' furious Cameron tells EU over surprise bill October 24, 2014
- Putin accuses United States of damaging world order October 24, 2014
- Ford's lower profit beats estimates; sales down on F-150 launch October 24, 2014
- Shares rise modestly, set for strongest week since July 2013 October 24, 2014
- Three major nations absent as China launches World Bank rival in Asia October 24, 2014
2008 Elections Afghanistan Afghanistan War Al Qaeda Barack Obama Bill Clinton Blogging Business Cartoon Commentary China Columnists Comedy & Humor Congress Conservatives Corporations Democrats Economy Europe France Germany Health Health Care History Human Rights Iran Iraq Iraq War Islam Israel Journalism Media Media Criticism Middle East Mitt Romney Newspapers Newsweek Blogitics Pakistan Politics Republicans Russia Television Terrorism USA Wall Street War On Terror
Creative Commons License
The Moderate Voice by Joe Gandelman is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.