There were fireworks at the Senate Judiciary Committee hearing on gun violence today when Democrat and gun control advocate Illinois Sen. Dick Durban decided to puncture one of the key talking points delivered by NRA bigwig Wayne LaPierre. The bottom line on LaPierre and the NRA’s position on gun regulation is: Just Say No To Any New Laws or Regulation. And that includes what many had (incorrectly) assumed would be one of the most basic changes both sides could agree on, the need for more extensive background checks.
Home » Business » Sen. Dick Durban Tells NRA’s Wayne LaPierre He “Misses the Point Entirely” on Background Checks (Video)
Search The Moderate Voice
Donate to The Moderate Voice
Use the Dollar Button below!
- Building collapses, engulfed in flames in New York's East Village March 26, 2015
- Oil leaps 5 percent, most in a month, on air strikes in Yemen March 26, 2015
- Yemeni leader Hadi leaves country as Saudi Arabia keeps up air strikes on Houthi rebels March 26, 2015
- German police search house of pilot who flew A320 into mountain March 26, 2015
- Iraq special forces advance in Tikrit, U.S. coalition joins fight March 26, 2015
- UPDATE 17-Oil up 5 pct after Saudi strikes in Yemen; dollar limits gains March 26, 2015
- Global stocks slide, oil prices jump after Yemen air strikes March 26, 2015
- Lufthansa CEO stunned that co-pilot apparently crashed plane March 26, 2015
- Germanwings co-pilot described in home town as 'normal guy' March 26, 2015
- Germanwings co-pilot likely crashed jet deliberately: prosecutor March 26, 2015
2008 Elections Afghanistan Afghanistan War Al Qaeda Barack Obama Bill Clinton Blogging Business Cartoon Commentary China Columnists Comedy & Humor Congress Conservatives Corporations Democrats Economy Europe France Germany Health Health Care History Human Rights Iran Iraq Iraq War Islam Israel Journalism Media Media Criticism Middle East Mitt Romney Newspapers Newsweek Blogitics Pakistan Politics Republicans Russia Television Terrorism USA Wall Street War On Terror
Creative Commons License
The Moderate Voice by Joe Gandelman is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.