There were fireworks at the Senate Judiciary Committee hearing on gun violence today when Democrat and gun control advocate Illinois Sen. Dick Durban decided to puncture one of the key talking points delivered by NRA bigwig Wayne LaPierre. The bottom line on LaPierre and the NRA’s position on gun regulation is: Just Say No To Any New Laws or Regulation. And that includes what many had (incorrectly) assumed would be one of the most basic changes both sides could agree on, the need for more extensive background checks.
Home » Business » Sen. Dick Durban Tells NRA’s Wayne LaPierre He “Misses the Point Entirely” on Background Checks (Video)
Search The Moderate Voice
Donate to The Moderate Voice
Use the Dollar Button below!
- Hong Kong 'Occupy' leaders surrender as pro-democracy protests appear to wither December 3, 2014
- Iraq says woman detained in Lebanon is not Baghdadi wife December 3, 2014
- Asian shares edge down, oil rises as crude inventories decline December 3, 2014
- Sony Pictures struggles to recover eight days after cyber attack December 3, 2014
- Bill Cosby accused in lawsuit of molesting girl in 1974 December 3, 2014
- The most and least corrupt countries in the world December 3, 2014
- UPDATE 3-Comedian Bill Cosby accused in lawsuit of molesting girl in 1974 December 3, 2014
- Hong Kong Occupy founders tell students to retreat amid fears of violence December 3, 2014
- Republican Boehner tries to avoid spending fight on immigration December 2, 2014
- Rattled by Chinese submarines, India joins other nations in rebuilding fleet December 2, 2014
2008 Elections Afghanistan Afghanistan War Al Qaeda Barack Obama Bill Clinton Blogging Business Cartoon Commentary China Columnists Comedy & Humor Congress Conservatives Corporations Democrats Economy Europe France Germany Health Health Care History Human Rights Iran Iraq Iraq War Islam Israel Journalism Media Media Criticism Middle East Mitt Romney Newspapers Newsweek Blogitics Pakistan Politics Republicans Russia Television Terrorism USA Wall Street War On Terror
Creative Commons License
The Moderate Voice by Joe Gandelman is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.