There were fireworks at the Senate Judiciary Committee hearing on gun violence today when Democrat and gun control advocate Illinois Sen. Dick Durban decided to puncture one of the key talking points delivered by NRA bigwig Wayne LaPierre. The bottom line on LaPierre and the NRA’s position on gun regulation is: Just Say No To Any New Laws or Regulation. And that includes what many had (incorrectly) assumed would be one of the most basic changes both sides could agree on, the need for more extensive background checks.
Home » Business » Sen. Dick Durban Tells NRA’s Wayne LaPierre He “Misses the Point Entirely” on Background Checks (Video)
Search The Moderate Voice
Donate to The Moderate Voice
Use the Dollar Button below!
- Oklahoma City victims remembered 20 years after bombing April 19, 2015
- Hundreds drown off Libya, EU leaders forced to reconsider migrant crisis April 19, 2015
- Republican hopefuls target middle-class insecurity as economy improves April 19, 2015
- Islamic State shoots and beheads 30 Ethiopian Christians in Libya: video April 19, 2015
- Yemen's Houthi leader accuses Saudi Arabia of seeking to invade April 19, 2015
- Poland summons U.S. ambassador over FBI head's Holocaust remarks April 19, 2015
- Khamenei says Iran nuclear weapons are U.S. 'myth' April 19, 2015
- China makes big cut in bank reserve requirement to fight slowdown April 19, 2015
- Ringo Starr among 2015 inductees into Rock and Roll Hall of Fame April 19, 2015
- Scarlett O'Hara dress fetches $137,000 at auction April 19, 2015
2008 Elections Afghanistan Afghanistan War Al Qaeda Barack Obama Bill Clinton Blogging Business Cartoon Commentary China Columnists Comedy & Humor Congress Conservatives Corporations Democrats Economy Europe France Germany Health Health Care History Human Rights Iran Iraq Iraq War Islam Israel Journalism Media Media Criticism Middle East Mitt Romney Newspapers Newsweek Blogitics Pakistan Politics Republicans Russia Television Terrorism USA Wall Street War On Terror
Creative Commons License
The Moderate Voice by Joe Gandelman is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.