There were fireworks at the Senate Judiciary Committee hearing on gun violence today when Democrat and gun control advocate Illinois Sen. Dick Durban decided to puncture one of the key talking points delivered by NRA bigwig Wayne LaPierre. The bottom line on LaPierre and the NRA’s position on gun regulation is: Just Say No To Any New Laws or Regulation. And that includes what many had (incorrectly) assumed would be one of the most basic changes both sides could agree on, the need for more extensive background checks.
Home » Business » Sen. Dick Durban Tells NRA’s Wayne LaPierre He “Misses the Point Entirely” on Background Checks (Video)
Search The Moderate Voice
Donate to The Moderate Voice
Use the Dollar Button below!
- Canada's parliament attacked, soldier fatally shot nearby October 22, 2014
- Wall St. ends lower after shooting at Canadian parliament October 22, 2014
- Canada probes Michael Zehaf-Bibeau as possible suspect in Ottawa shooting: source October 22, 2014
- U.S. jury convicts ex-Blackwater guards in 2007 Baghdad killings October 22, 2014
- Autopsy of slain Missouri teen shows close-range gunshot October 22, 2014
- U.S. regulators expand number of vehicles affected by Takata recalls October 22, 2014
- Drugmakers to join forces to make millions of Ebola vaccine doses October 22, 2014
- NATO, Swedish fighters scrambled to intercept Russian plane October 22, 2014
- Hong Kong protesters march after fruitless talks with government October 22, 2014
- Air strikes kill around 25 Islamic State fighters in Iraq: residents October 22, 2014
2008 Elections Afghanistan Afghanistan War Al Qaeda Barack Obama Bill Clinton Blogging Business Cartoon Commentary China Columnists Comedy & Humor Congress Conservatives Corporations Democrats Economy Europe France Germany Health Health Care History Human Rights Iran Iraq Iraq War Islam Israel Journalism Media Media Criticism Middle East Mitt Romney Newspapers Newsweek Blogitics Pakistan Politics Republicans Russia Television Terrorism USA Wall Street War On Terror
Creative Commons License
The Moderate Voice by Joe Gandelman is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.