There were fireworks at the Senate Judiciary Committee hearing on gun violence today when Democrat and gun control advocate Illinois Sen. Dick Durban decided to puncture one of the key talking points delivered by NRA bigwig Wayne LaPierre. The bottom line on LaPierre and the NRA’s position on gun regulation is: Just Say No To Any New Laws or Regulation. And that includes what many had (incorrectly) assumed would be one of the most basic changes both sides could agree on, the need for more extensive background checks.
Home » Business » Sen. Dick Durban Tells NRA’s Wayne LaPierre He “Misses the Point Entirely” on Background Checks (Video)
Search The Moderate Voice
Donate to The Moderate Voice
Use the Dollar Button below!
- Global shares punctured by two-pronged China, Europe slowdown November 20, 2014
- Three wounded in Florida university shooting, gunman killed November 20, 2014
- Police arrest protesters as St. Louis awaits grand jury decision November 20, 2014
- Special Report: Crimean savers ask: Where's our money? November 20, 2014
- REFILE-UPDATE 5-NBC, Netflix cancel Bill Cosby's shows after sex assault claims November 20, 2014
- Yen slides to fresh seven-year low vs dollar; Aussie falters November 20, 2014
- Six nurses killed in latest attack on Chinese medical workers November 20, 2014
- Honduran Miss World contestant and sister found murdered November 20, 2014
- China factories stall; Japanese exports enjoy rare bounce November 20, 2014
- Obama to offer deportation relief to 250,000 farm workers: union November 20, 2014
2008 Elections Afghanistan Afghanistan War Al Qaeda Barack Obama Bill Clinton Blogging Business Cartoon Commentary China Columnists Comedy & Humor Congress Conservatives Corporations Democrats Economy Europe France Germany Health Health Care History Human Rights Iran Iraq Iraq War Islam Israel Journalism Media Media Criticism Middle East Mitt Romney Newspapers Newsweek Blogitics Pakistan Politics Republicans Russia Television Terrorism USA Wall Street War On Terror
Creative Commons License
The Moderate Voice by Joe Gandelman is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.