There were fireworks at the Senate Judiciary Committee hearing on gun violence today when Democrat and gun control advocate Illinois Sen. Dick Durban decided to puncture one of the key talking points delivered by NRA bigwig Wayne LaPierre. The bottom line on LaPierre and the NRA’s position on gun regulation is: Just Say No To Any New Laws or Regulation. And that includes what many had (incorrectly) assumed would be one of the most basic changes both sides could agree on, the need for more extensive background checks.
Home » Business » Sen. Dick Durban Tells NRA’s Wayne LaPierre He “Misses the Point Entirely” on Background Checks (Video)
Search The Moderate Voice
Donate to The Moderate Voice
Use the Dollar Button below!
- Wall St. ends sharply lower after Fed comments January 28, 2015
- Flooding leaves mess in oceanfront Massachusetts after storm January 28, 2015
- Two Israeli soldiers, U.N. peacekeeper killed in Israel-Hezbollah violence January 28, 2015
- Greek PM Tsipras freezes privatisations, markets tumble January 28, 2015
- Jordan prisoner swap on hold, fate of Japanese IS hostage unclear January 28, 2015
- Litvinenko autopsy was world's most dangerous, UK inquiry hears January 28, 2015
- Exclusive: Spending- why 'red' states shoulder the deepest cuts under Obama January 28, 2015
- Exclusive: EU draft would extend Russia sanctions over Ukraine escalation January 28, 2015
- Apple seen boosting share buybacks after blockbuster results January 28, 2015
- Dollar steadies before Fed, Europe slips on Greece January 28, 2015
2008 Elections Afghanistan Afghanistan War Al Qaeda Barack Obama Bill Clinton Blogging Business Cartoon Commentary China Columnists Comedy & Humor Congress Conservatives Corporations Democrats Economy Europe France Germany Health Health Care History Human Rights Iran Iraq Iraq War Islam Israel Journalism Media Media Criticism Middle East Mitt Romney Newspapers Newsweek Blogitics Pakistan Politics Republicans Russia Television Terrorism USA Wall Street War On Terror
Creative Commons License
The Moderate Voice by Joe Gandelman is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.