The New Look TMV
Welcome to the new look site. Well about 75% ready but good enough for production. The major changes:
– A large slider bar with various categories and posts. The bar shows a number of featured posts per certain categories. This allows more content to get featured with a very slick graphic look (notice how the background changes with the categories). You can go to the next category by clicking the arrows at either side (or waiting for the slider to advance by itself). Content display will be refined over time.
– Below the featured slider, all posts are in various rectangles and are in chronological order top to bottom and left to right. Post view and comment counts are little weird right now due to some security changes. But comments are there (the most recent comment box to in the right sidebar shows that.
– Disqus is GONE and we are using a customized internal commenting system with many features such as subscribing. None of the Disqus comments are lost but you will have to register for a comment account is you aren’t an author. You can do this by scrolling to the very bottom of the site and looking to the right. The Subscribe to TMV box has options that will lead you to registering (you can also register using your existing Facebook account). We think you will enjoy this system much better.
– Overall readability enhancements (better fonts and sizing).
– More ad space but not intrusive.
– Content areas at the bottom of each post steering you to other posts that you may like or post that were heavily viewed.
– A social media bar at the end of each post that facilitates sharing with a number of social media sites.
– And more little odds and ends.
NOTE: We are not finished yet. There is some tweaking and other updates that need to be done. Please be patient as we iron at a few formatting issues and such (the right sidebar and header bar will be changing substantially over the next few days). But overall, the site should run faster and be more pleasant to engage. Feel free to add you comments to this post.