Cut But Don’t Cut My Stuff
A look at what Republicans oppose:
- By 47-37, letting the Obama payroll tax cut expire.
- By 68-26, cutting spending for Medicare.
- By 61-33, cutting spending for Medicaid.
- By 66-28, eliminating the tax deduction for home mortgage interest.
- By 72-25, eliminating the charitable tax deduction.
- By 56-44, raising the Medicare eligibility age from 65 to 67.
Republicans don’t favor much in any potential deal — they also, of course, are opposed to allowing the Bush tax cuts to expire on any income bracket. Pollster Lee M. Miringoff warns that they might be unhappy with whatever happens.
“There’s no clear statement of what Republican voters want to happen. There’s opposition to everything,” Miringoff said.
Of course the bloated Defense budget is off the table. This is a sign of American exceptionalism – an exceptionally broken country.Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2012 The Moderate Voice