Apparently, Texans are not inclined to view BP as favorably as Joe Barton is, and by very large percentages, both Democrats and Republicans in that state disapprove of Barton’s apologizing to BP for being asked to set up a $20 billion escrow account to pay for destroying the Gulf of Mexico and gravely threatening the entire Atlantic coast, the Louisiana coastal marshes, the beaches of Louisiana, Alabama, Mississippi, and Florida; the wildlife, the local and regional economy, the physical and mental health of millions of Gulf Coast residents; and for killing 11 oil rig workers in the explosion that started all this.
Search The Moderate Voice
Donate to The Moderate Voice
- Charter's $56 billion Time Warner Cable deal to face U.S. scrutiny May 26, 2015
- Storms kill 15 in Texas, Oklahoma; Houston flooded May 26, 2015
- Iraq Shi'ite militia take lead in campaign to reverse Islamic State gains May 26, 2015
- Wall St. drops on rate concerns, Greece May 26, 2015
- Data thieves gain access to 100,000 U.S. taxpayers' information: IRS May 26, 2015
- Malaysian police reveal grim secrets of jungle trafficking camps May 26, 2015
- Dollar jumps on Europe woes, data; stocks, commodities fall May 26, 2015
- China to extend military reach, build lighthouses in disputed waters May 26, 2015
- Homicide probe to be launched into B.B. King's death: officials May 26, 2015
- Japan to join U.S., Australia war games amid growing China tensions May 26, 2015
2008 Elections Afghanistan Afghanistan War Al Qaeda Barack Obama Bill Clinton Blogging Business Cartoon Commentary China Columnists Comedy & Humor Congress Conservatives Corporations Democrats Economy Europe France Germany Health Health Care History Human Rights Iran Iraq Iraq War Islam Israel Journalism Media Media Criticism Middle East Mitt Romney Newspapers Newsweek Blogitics Pakistan Politics Republicans Russia Television Terrorism USA Wall Street War On Terror
Creative Commons License
The Moderate Voice by Joe Gandelman is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.