Apparently, Texans are not inclined to view BP as favorably as Joe Barton is, and by very large percentages, both Democrats and Republicans in that state disapprove of Barton’s apologizing to BP for being asked to set up a $20 billion escrow account to pay for destroying the Gulf of Mexico and gravely threatening the entire Atlantic coast, the Louisiana coastal marshes, the beaches of Louisiana, Alabama, Mississippi, and Florida; the wildlife, the local and regional economy, the physical and mental health of millions of Gulf Coast residents; and for killing 11 oil rig workers in the explosion that started all this.
Search The Moderate Voice
Donate to The Moderate Voice
Use the Dollar Button below!
- EU proposes tough sanctions on Moscow as Ukraine rebels advance September 2, 2014
- Dollar jumps after U.S. data; bond prices slump September 2, 2014
- Somali officials say U.S. struck where al Shabaab were meeting September 2, 2014
- Scores killed as Boko Haram insurgents overrun Nigerian town: sources September 2, 2014
- Ukraine accuses Russia of 'undisguised aggression' as rebels advance September 2, 2014
- UK's fate in the balance as poll shows record support for Scottish independence September 2, 2014
- End of Gaza war doesn't translate into peace September 2, 2014
- Pakistan parliament backs embattled prime minister as crisis deepens September 2, 2014
- Burger King has maneuvered to cut U.S. tax bill for years September 2, 2014
- Actress Jennifer Lawrence contacts authorities after nude photos hacked September 2, 2014
2008 Elections Afghanistan Afghanistan War Al Qaeda Barack Obama Bill Clinton Blogging Business Cartoon Commentary China Columnists Comedy & Humor Congress Conservatives Corporations Democrats Economy Europe France Germany Health Health Care History Human Rights Iran Iraq Iraq War Islam Israel Journalism Media Media Criticism Middle East Mitt Romney Newspapers Newsweek Blogitics Pakistan Politics Republicans Russia Television Terrorism USA Wall Street War On Terror