Apparently, Texans are not inclined to view BP as favorably as Joe Barton is, and by very large percentages, both Democrats and Republicans in that state disapprove of Barton’s apologizing to BP for being asked to set up a $20 billion escrow account to pay for destroying the Gulf of Mexico and gravely threatening the entire Atlantic coast, the Louisiana coastal marshes, the beaches of Louisiana, Alabama, Mississippi, and Florida; the wildlife, the local and regional economy, the physical and mental health of millions of Gulf Coast residents; and for killing 11 oil rig workers in the explosion that started all this.
Search The Moderate Voice
Donate to The Moderate Voice
Use the Dollar Button below!
- Probe of Virginia rocket blast begins; space station supplied October 29, 2014
- Saying she will not be bullied, nurse fights Maine Ebola quarantine October 29, 2014
- Bond yields up, dollar rallies after upbeat Fed statement October 29, 2014
- Wall St. ends with modest decline after Fed October 29, 2014
- Israel's Netanyahu fumes at reported U.S. slur October 29, 2014
- Kurdish convoy heads to Syria to take on Islamic State October 29, 2014
- Zambia's Scott becomes Africa's first white leader in 20 years October 29, 2014
- U.S. nurse fights Maine quarantine over Ebola fears October 29, 2014
- OPEC's Badri sees little output change in 2015, says don't panic on oil drop October 29, 2014
- China could 'punish' Hong Kong over protests, says ex-HK central bank chief October 29, 2014
2008 Elections Afghanistan Afghanistan War Al Qaeda Barack Obama Bill Clinton Blogging Business Cartoon Commentary China Columnists Comedy & Humor Congress Conservatives Corporations Democrats Economy Europe France Germany Health Health Care History Human Rights Iran Iraq Iraq War Islam Israel Journalism Media Media Criticism Middle East Mitt Romney Newspapers Newsweek Blogitics Pakistan Politics Republicans Russia Television Terrorism USA Wall Street War On Terror
Creative Commons License
The Moderate Voice by Joe Gandelman is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.