Apparently, Texans are not inclined to view BP as favorably as Joe Barton is, and by very large percentages, both Democrats and Republicans in that state disapprove of Barton’s apologizing to BP for being asked to set up a $20 billion escrow account to pay for destroying the Gulf of Mexico and gravely threatening the entire Atlantic coast, the Louisiana coastal marshes, the beaches of Louisiana, Alabama, Mississippi, and Florida; the wildlife, the local and regional economy, the physical and mental health of millions of Gulf Coast residents; and for killing 11 oil rig workers in the explosion that started all this.
Search The Moderate Voice
Donate to The Moderate Voice
Use the Dollar Button below!
- Fighting complicates Ukraine crash probe, U.S., EU prepare Russia sanctions July 27, 2014
- Fighting in Gaza abates, but truce hopes look fragile July 27, 2014
- Sierra Leone Ebola patient, recovered from family, dies in ambulance July 27, 2014
- Boko Haram kidnaps wife of Cameroon's vice PM, kills at least three July 27, 2014
- UPDATE 2-Costa Concordia completes its voyage to the scrap yard July 27, 2014
- Scandal-hit China food firm withdrawing all products, U.S. parent says July 27, 2014
- Pushing locals aside, Russians take top rebel posts in east Ukraine July 27, 2014
- Israeli military resumes Gaza fighting, says Hamas ignored truce July 27, 2014
- From 'Avengers' to 'Ant-Man,' Marvel superheroes entice Comic Con audience July 27, 2014
- California wildfire near Sacramento forces hundreds to flee July 27, 2014
2008 Elections Afghanistan Afghanistan War Al Qaeda Barack Obama Bill Clinton Blogging Business Cartoon Commentary China Columnists Comedy & Humor Congress Conservatives Corporations Democrats Economy Europe France Germany Health Health Care History Human Rights Iran Iraq Iraq War Islam Israel Journalism Media Media Criticism Middle East Mitt Romney Newspapers Newsweek Blogitics Pakistan Politics Republicans Russia Television Terrorism USA Wall Street War On Terror