Apparently, Texans are not inclined to view BP as favorably as Joe Barton is, and by very large percentages, both Democrats and Republicans in that state disapprove of Barton’s apologizing to BP for being asked to set up a $20 billion escrow account to pay for destroying the Gulf of Mexico and gravely threatening the entire Atlantic coast, the Louisiana coastal marshes, the beaches of Louisiana, Alabama, Mississippi, and Florida; the wildlife, the local and regional economy, the physical and mental health of millions of Gulf Coast residents; and for killing 11 oil rig workers in the explosion that started all this.
Search The Moderate Voice
Donate to The Moderate Voice
Use the Dollar Button below!
- Stock indexes, euro inch up on euro zone data, U.S. earnings July 24, 2014
- At least 15 dead in Israeli shelling of Gaza school- Health Ministry July 24, 2014
- Missing Air Algerie plane from Burkina Faso has crashed: Algerian official July 24, 2014
- Russia says will cooperate with MH17 probe led by Netherlands July 24, 2014
- Taiwan launches inquiry into plane crash that killed 48 July 24, 2014
- European court says CIA ran secret jail in a Polish forest July 24, 2014
- Spain's Swiftair says lost contact with plane en route to Algiers July 24, 2014
- Disenchanted with Putin, some Russians vote with their feet July 24, 2014
- China July HSBC flash PMI at 18-month high July 24, 2014
- U.S. health insurers to pay $330 million in premium rebates July 24, 2014
2008 Elections Afghanistan Afghanistan War Al Qaeda Barack Obama Bill Clinton Blogging Business Cartoon Commentary China Columnists Comedy & Humor Congress Conservatives Corporations Democrats Economy Europe France Germany Health Health Care History Human Rights Iran Iraq Iraq War Islam Israel Journalism Media Media Criticism Middle East Mitt Romney Newspapers Newsweek Blogitics Pakistan Politics Republicans Russia Television Terrorism USA Wall Street War On Terror