Apparently, Texans are not inclined to view BP as favorably as Joe Barton is, and by very large percentages, both Democrats and Republicans in that state disapprove of Barton’s apologizing to BP for being asked to set up a $20 billion escrow account to pay for destroying the Gulf of Mexico and gravely threatening the entire Atlantic coast, the Louisiana coastal marshes, the beaches of Louisiana, Alabama, Mississippi, and Florida; the wildlife, the local and regional economy, the physical and mental health of millions of Gulf Coast residents; and for killing 11 oil rig workers in the explosion that started all this.
Search The Moderate Voice
Donate to The Moderate Voice
Use the Dollar Button below!
- Northeast U.S. braves 'crippling' blizzard January 26, 2015
- Kurds push Islamic State out of Kobani after four-month battle January 26, 2015
- Oil slides despite OPEC talk of a floor January 26, 2015
- U.S. government unveils goal to move Medicare away from fee-for-service January 26, 2015
- Small drone crashes on White House grounds, operator comes forward January 26, 2015
- Ukraine rebels move to encircle government troops in new advance January 26, 2015
- Greek leftist Tsipras sworn in as PM to fight bailout terms January 26, 2015
- Obama ends day of Indian pageantry with $4 billion pledge January 26, 2015
- Euro recovers, global stocks up after Greek vote January 26, 2015
- Russia warns West not to blackmail it over Ukraine January 26, 2015
2008 Elections Afghanistan Afghanistan War Al Qaeda Barack Obama Bill Clinton Blogging Business Cartoon Commentary China Columnists Comedy & Humor Congress Conservatives Corporations Democrats Economy Europe France Germany Health Health Care History Human Rights Iran Iraq Iraq War Islam Israel Journalism Media Media Criticism Middle East Mitt Romney Newspapers Newsweek Blogitics Pakistan Politics Republicans Russia Television Terrorism USA Wall Street War On Terror
Creative Commons License
The Moderate Voice by Joe Gandelman is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.