Apparently, Texans are not inclined to view BP as favorably as Joe Barton is, and by very large percentages, both Democrats and Republicans in that state disapprove of Barton’s apologizing to BP for being asked to set up a $20 billion escrow account to pay for destroying the Gulf of Mexico and gravely threatening the entire Atlantic coast, the Louisiana coastal marshes, the beaches of Louisiana, Alabama, Mississippi, and Florida; the wildlife, the local and regional economy, the physical and mental health of millions of Gulf Coast residents; and for killing 11 oil rig workers in the explosion that started all this.
Search The Moderate Voice
Donate to The Moderate Voice
- U.S., Cuba restoring diplomatic ties after 54 years July 1, 2015
- More than 100 dead as militants, Egyptian army clash in North Sinai July 1, 2015
- Greece's Tsipras digs in against bailout July 1, 2015
- Man badly bitten by shark in latest North Carolina attack July 1, 2015
- Crowds count down to marijuana legalization in Oregon, then light up July 1, 2015
- Toyota's top female executive steps down after arrest in Japan July 1, 2015
- Actor Channing Tatum to go for 'dad bod' after 'Magic Mike XXL' July 1, 2015
- Special Report: How Greece went bust July 1, 2015
- Europe rallies on revived hopes for Greek deal July 1, 2015
- Greek referendum poll shows lead for 'No' vote, but narrowing July 1, 2015
2008 Elections Afghanistan Afghanistan War Al Qaeda Barack Obama Bill Clinton Blogging Business Cartoon Commentary China Columnists Comedy & Humor Congress Conservatives Corporations Democrats Economy Europe France Germany Health Health Care History Human Rights Iran Iraq Iraq War Islam Israel Journalism Media Media Criticism Middle East Mitt Romney Newspapers Newsweek Blogitics Pakistan Politics Republicans Russia Television Terrorism USA Wall Street War On Terror
Creative Commons License
The Moderate Voice by Joe Gandelman is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.