Reading Nathaniel Philbrick’s outstanding book, Mayflower: A Story of Courage, Community, and War, roused some thoughts in me regarding the separation of Church and State, something I see as a positive good. I posted about it over on my blog. Out of respect to those who adhere to religious beliefs other than my own, I’m not posting it here. Still, I felt that Moderate Voice readers of all stripes might be interested in a discussion of the roots of this important principle for the United States. Tell me what you think. You’ll find the post here.
Search The Moderate Voice
Donate to The Moderate Voice
- Euro off lows, stocks rise on tentative Greek debt accord May 27, 2015
- World soccer rocked as top officials held in U.S., Swiss graft cases May 27, 2015
- New flood warning for Houston as death toll rises May 27, 2015
- Air strikes kill at least 80 in deadliest bombings of Yemen war May 27, 2015
- Oil falls below $63 as dollar strengthens May 27, 2015
- Britain's Queen Elizabeth sets in train Cameron's EU referendum plan May 27, 2015
- Philippine, Vietnamese troops play soccer and sing on disputed island May 27, 2015
- Bernanke sees no risk of hard landing in China, bullish on U.S. economy May 27, 2015
- Appeals court rules with states challenging Obama's immigration action May 27, 2015
- California scientists test Ecstasy as anxiety-reducer for gravely ill May 27, 2015
2008 Elections Afghanistan Afghanistan War Al Qaeda Barack Obama Bill Clinton Blogging Business Cartoon Commentary China Columnists Comedy & Humor Congress Conservatives Corporations Democrats Economy Europe France Germany Health Health Care History Human Rights Iran Iraq Iraq War Islam Israel Journalism Media Media Criticism Middle East Mitt Romney Newspapers Newsweek Blogitics Pakistan Politics Republicans Russia Television Terrorism USA Wall Street War On Terror
Creative Commons License
The Moderate Voice by Joe Gandelman is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.