Orson Scott Card’s opinions on gay marriage and homosexuality have been looked at askance by a lot of science fiction fans for a while now. The Daily Dot does a pretty good job of showing why in this piece. Now he’s moved into the realm of paranoid fantasies about President Obama and his recruitment of unemployed urban youth as his enforcers as David Weigel writes on Slate. I’ve really enjoyed some of Card’s work including Ender’s Game and its sequels and while I’m extremely ambivalent about the boycott calls I admit that I’ve found it harder to consider picking up his books as his descent into ideological in(s)anity has continued, worrying about whether it has affected his writing as some of the parts of The Daily Dot’s piece imply.
Home » Arts & Entertainment » Orson Scott Card Worries About Obama Turning “Urban Gangs” Into His Personal Police Force
Author: JIM SATTERFIELD
Search The Moderate Voice
Donate to The Moderate Voice
Use the Dollar Button below!
- Oklahoma City victims remembered 20 years after bombing April 19, 2015
- Hundreds drown off Libya, EU leaders forced to reconsider migrant crisis April 19, 2015
- Republican hopefuls target middle-class insecurity as economy improves April 19, 2015
- Islamic State shoots and beheads 30 Ethiopian Christians in Libya: video April 19, 2015
- Yemen's Houthi leader accuses Saudi Arabia of seeking to invade April 19, 2015
- Poland summons U.S. ambassador over FBI head's Holocaust remarks April 19, 2015
- Khamenei says Iran nuclear weapons are U.S. 'myth' April 19, 2015
- China makes big cut in bank reserve requirement to fight slowdown April 19, 2015
- Ringo Starr among 2015 inductees into Rock and Roll Hall of Fame April 19, 2015
- Scarlett O'Hara dress fetches $137,000 at auction April 19, 2015
2008 Elections Afghanistan Afghanistan War Al Qaeda Barack Obama Bill Clinton Blogging Business Cartoon Commentary China Columnists Comedy & Humor Congress Conservatives Corporations Democrats Economy Europe France Germany Health Health Care History Human Rights Iran Iraq Iraq War Islam Israel Journalism Media Media Criticism Middle East Mitt Romney Newspapers Newsweek Blogitics Pakistan Politics Republicans Russia Television Terrorism USA Wall Street War On Terror
Creative Commons License
The Moderate Voice by Joe Gandelman is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.