Orson Scott Card’s opinions on gay marriage and homosexuality have been looked at askance by a lot of science fiction fans for a while now. The Daily Dot does a pretty good job of showing why in this piece. Now he’s moved into the realm of paranoid fantasies about President Obama and his recruitment of unemployed urban youth as his enforcers as David Weigel writes on Slate. I’ve really enjoyed some of Card’s work including Ender’s Game and its sequels and while I’m extremely ambivalent about the boycott calls I admit that I’ve found it harder to consider picking up his books as his descent into ideological in(s)anity has continued, worrying about whether it has affected his writing as some of the parts of The Daily Dot’s piece imply.
Home » Arts & Entertainment » Orson Scott Card Worries About Obama Turning “Urban Gangs” Into His Personal Police Force
Author: JIM SATTERFIELD
Search The Moderate Voice
Donate to The Moderate Voice
Use the Dollar Button below!
- Fed outlook and Greece worries hit stocks, dollar up January 29, 2015
- Islamic State purportedly sets new deadline for hostage swap January 29, 2015
- Samsung Elec's smartphone primacy under threat from Apple after weak Q4 January 29, 2015
- French co-pilot flying AirAsia jet before crash-investigators January 29, 2015
- North Korea 'demanded $10 billion in cash and food' for summit with South January 29, 2015
- Pentagon official urges NATO to focus on innovative weapons January 29, 2015
- Oil near six-year lows after U.S. stockpiles hit record high January 29, 2015
- Two Israeli soldiers, U.N. peacekeeper killed in Israel-Hezbollah violence January 28, 2015
- Jordan prisoner swap on hold, fate of Japanese IS hostage unclear January 28, 2015
- Air Force picks Boeing 747-8 to replace Air Force One January 28, 2015
2008 Elections Afghanistan Afghanistan War Al Qaeda Barack Obama Bill Clinton Blogging Business Cartoon Commentary China Columnists Comedy & Humor Congress Conservatives Corporations Democrats Economy Europe France Germany Health Health Care History Human Rights Iran Iraq Iraq War Islam Israel Journalism Media Media Criticism Middle East Mitt Romney Newspapers Newsweek Blogitics Pakistan Politics Republicans Russia Television Terrorism USA Wall Street War On Terror
Creative Commons License
The Moderate Voice by Joe Gandelman is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.