Orson Scott Card’s opinions on gay marriage and homosexuality have been looked at askance by a lot of science fiction fans for a while now. The Daily Dot does a pretty good job of showing why in this piece. Now he’s moved into the realm of paranoid fantasies about President Obama and his recruitment of unemployed urban youth as his enforcers as David Weigel writes on Slate. I’ve really enjoyed some of Card’s work including Ender’s Game and its sequels and while I’m extremely ambivalent about the boycott calls I admit that I’ve found it harder to consider picking up his books as his descent into ideological in(s)anity has continued, worrying about whether it has affected his writing as some of the parts of The Daily Dot’s piece imply.
Home » Arts & Entertainment » Orson Scott Card Worries About Obama Turning “Urban Gangs” Into His Personal Police Force
Author: JIM SATTERFIELD
Search The Moderate Voice
Donate to The Moderate Voice
Use the Dollar Button below!
- Ukraine sends $15 million for gas, says Russian energy minister February 27, 2015
- UPDATE 2-Hong Kong woman jailed for six years for abusing Indonesian maid February 27, 2015
- Apple faces second suit from victorious patent firm February 27, 2015
- Hong Kong woman jailed for six years for abusing Indonesian maid February 27, 2015
- Oil's drop chills Asian stocks, inflation data boosts dollar February 27, 2015
- Two killed in southern California street racing crash February 27, 2015
- Legal marijuana begins in Washington, D.C. as 'green rush' is on February 27, 2015
- 'Jihadi John' killer from Islamic State beheading videos unmasked as Londoner February 27, 2015
- British media unmask killer 'Jihadi John' with first schoolboy photograph February 27, 2015
- 'Jihadi John' killer from Islamic State beheading videos unmasked as Londoner February 26, 2015
2008 Elections Afghanistan Afghanistan War Al Qaeda Barack Obama Bill Clinton Blogging Business Cartoon Commentary China Columnists Comedy & Humor Congress Conservatives Corporations Democrats Economy Europe France Germany Health Health Care History Human Rights Iran Iraq Iraq War Islam Israel Journalism Media Media Criticism Middle East Mitt Romney Newspapers Newsweek Blogitics Pakistan Politics Republicans Russia Television Terrorism USA Wall Street War On Terror
Creative Commons License
The Moderate Voice by Joe Gandelman is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.