Orson Scott Card’s opinions on gay marriage and homosexuality have been looked at askance by a lot of science fiction fans for a while now. The Daily Dot does a pretty good job of showing why in this piece. Now he’s moved into the realm of paranoid fantasies about President Obama and his recruitment of unemployed urban youth as his enforcers as David Weigel writes on Slate. I’ve really enjoyed some of Card’s work including Ender’s Game and its sequels and while I’m extremely ambivalent about the boycott calls I admit that I’ve found it harder to consider picking up his books as his descent into ideological in(s)anity has continued, worrying about whether it has affected his writing as some of the parts of The Daily Dot’s piece imply.
Home » Arts & Entertainment » Orson Scott Card Worries About Obama Turning “Urban Gangs” Into His Personal Police Force
Author: JIM SATTERFIELD
Search The Moderate Voice
Donate to The Moderate Voice
Use the Dollar Button below!
- Hong Kong 'Occupy' leaders surrender as pro-democracy protests appear to wither December 3, 2014
- Iraq says woman detained in Lebanon is not Baghdadi wife December 3, 2014
- Asian shares edge down, oil rises as crude inventories decline December 3, 2014
- Sony Pictures struggles to recover eight days after cyber attack December 3, 2014
- Bill Cosby accused in lawsuit of molesting girl in 1974 December 3, 2014
- The most and least corrupt countries in the world December 3, 2014
- UPDATE 3-Comedian Bill Cosby accused in lawsuit of molesting girl in 1974 December 3, 2014
- Hong Kong Occupy founders tell students to retreat amid fears of violence December 3, 2014
- Republican Boehner tries to avoid spending fight on immigration December 2, 2014
- Rattled by Chinese submarines, India joins other nations in rebuilding fleet December 2, 2014
2008 Elections Afghanistan Afghanistan War Al Qaeda Barack Obama Bill Clinton Blogging Business Cartoon Commentary China Columnists Comedy & Humor Congress Conservatives Corporations Democrats Economy Europe France Germany Health Health Care History Human Rights Iran Iraq Iraq War Islam Israel Journalism Media Media Criticism Middle East Mitt Romney Newspapers Newsweek Blogitics Pakistan Politics Republicans Russia Television Terrorism USA Wall Street War On Terror
Creative Commons License
The Moderate Voice by Joe Gandelman is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.