Mitt Romney's son Tagg Romney says he felt like jumping out of his seat, rushing to debate stage and taking swing at President Obama for calling out his father's lies.

Tagg Romney

Tagg Romney Felt Like Taking Swing at President Obama for Calling Out Father’s Lies (Photo credit: Gage Skidmore)

Not only is Mitt Romney disrespectful to President Obama, his son, Tagg Romney, is too. He joked he felt like “taking a swing” at Obama for calling his father a liar. The fruit doesn’t fall far from the tree but it is a known fact that Mitt Romney has been caught in many lies.

“Well, you want to jump out of your seat and rush down to the debate stage and take a swing at him.”

Tagg Romney, in an interview on WPTF-AM, when he was asked how it felt to hear President Obama call his father a liar during the presidential debate.

Tough talk coming from someone who never bothered to serve his country in the military, like his four brothers. Tagg Romney learned to be a bully, just like his dad. Hey, Tagg, go ahead and make our day, take a swing at President Obama you punk.

This was cross-posted from The Hinterland Gazette.

JANET SHAN
cjjack
cjjack

Funny how he never expressed such violent tendencies towards the other Republicans who repeatedly called his father a liar during the primaries…

rudi
rudi

Hey Mittens spawn, if you feel that much anger use it for a good cause. I don’t recall any Mittens sons ever fighting for their country in Afghanistan or Iraq. I guess they serve by lying with Mittens…

…because that is what Jesus would do

The_Ohioan

He was JOKING. Get real. No wonder we are having trouble getting good politicians. Who would want to put their family throught this meatgrinder?

Willwright
Willwright

Actually they are not a family of fighters, no Romney male has ever served in the military. During Vietnam Mittens got a draft deferment to go on his mission in France and live in a chateau.

What an incredibly stupid thing to say. How old is this guy? 8 or 9?

steadystate

Ohioan – I think we all get that it was not for real (and would likely never happen), but the point is exactly what Janet says right above you: Imagine if this had come from one of the young Obama girls (or Beau Biden) and the field-day that Fox News would be having. If Fox News is essentially going to operate as the squawk-box for the GOP, it’s only fair to play by their rules. “Fair and balanced”, after-all.

rudi
rudi

@Ohio
Based on his facial expression during the debate I don’t think the Mittens spawn was joking…

steady

So we should do what FOX would do? When did that become the standard we should hold ourselves to? I’ll pass on that one; Daily Kos will give you that.

rudi

Based on his laughter on the tape before he said it, I think he was joking. And do you call your friends’ children spawn, or only denigrate the children of those you disrespect?

This is as stupid as the binders full of women and the I built this. PLEASE can we not fall into the lowest pits of political discourse on this site? There are plenty of other sites that embrace this childish nonsense, if that’s what you want.

yoopermoose
yoopermoose

Sorry Ohioan, I can’t resist one more comment:

I thought Mitt said during the debate that only single mothers beget violent offspring. Hmmm….

yoo

Source please? What did the prez say to that?

yoopermoose
yoopermoose

In responding to the question of gun violence, Mitt said:

We need moms and dads, helping to raise kids. Wherever possible the — the benefit of having two parents in the home, and that’s not always possible. A lot of great single moms, single dads. But gosh to tell our kids that before they have babies, they ought to think about getting married to someone, that’s a great idea.

Because if there’s a two parent family, the prospect of living in poverty goes down dramatically. The opportunities that the child will — will be able to achieve increase dramatically. So we can make changes in the way our culture works to help bring people away from violence and give them opportunity, and bring them in the American system.

yoo

And the prez said?

yoopermoose
yoopermoose

I’m not sure what you are looking for Ohioan. The transcript of the debate is out there for your perusal. If you have a point that you are looking to make, please do so.

JS

I’m confused. I was commenting about what I considered a joking remark Tagg Romney said, and considered the effort to make something important out of a joking remark childish nonsense. I guess I need a source for Ann Romney as well, maybe she was joking, also. :-)

Again, why should we be concerned about what Tucker Carlson would or would not say? If he is hypocritical, why should we model ourselves on his behaviour? If we get exercised when an R takes a D’s joking comment and makes it important but turn around and do the same thing, isn’t that hypocritical? I’m probably missing something, but that’s nothing new. I plead old age.

yoo

Since I can’t get you to reference it, here’s what the prez said.

“But I think that one area we agree on is the important of parents and the importance of schools, because I do believe that if our young people have opportunity, then they are less likely to engage in these kinds of violent acts. We’re not going to eliminate everybody who is mentally disturbed and we have got to make sure they don’t get weapons.” (From FOX debate transcript).

Now, one is accused of dissing single mothers and the other is not. Why is that when they are essentially saying the same thing?

yoopermoose
yoopermoose

Malia wasn’t the one threatening to punch someone.

slamfu
slamfu

This is a mountain out of a molehill. And last I heard serving in the military is not a prereq for being upset and wanting to punch someone. I would very much recommend against saying that to a sitting or retired president, especially if his SS agents are within earshot.

EEllis
EEllis

Mitt Romney made the comment after being asked during the debate about assault weapons. What’s there to quote? He said it during a live telecast. The transcript and video of the debate are all over the Internet.

Yes and Yoo posted the quote but the thing is, 1 it was true and 2 it wasn’t what Yoo said it was.

No, it’s not childish nonsense to talk about what is being said on the campaign trail.

No but it’s small and deceitful to twist reality for a partisan soundbite.

If Malia or Sasha Obama had made such a comment about Mitt Romney, Tucker Carlson would be saying more comparing Candy Crowley to John Wilkes Booth. It’s the hypocrisy I am highlighting.

Well congratulations for proving that so many on here are no better than Tucker Carlson