A Washington Post-ABC News poll finds that 69% of Americans (including many liberal Democrats) support the highly touted and in some circles highly condemned tax deal hammered out last week by President Barack Obama and GOpers in Congress. So much for the outrage on the left, Tea Party members upset on the right, ideological talk shows that suggested it will eventually fail, and left and right blogs that consider it a sell out. The poll suggests once again that there is a center in American politics — it may shift, but it is a center. And the poll could mean Congressional Republicans will do some modest compromises when they can but not call it that and that Obama will increasingly feel he has nothing to lose by taking on his party’s liberal base.
Search The Moderate Voice
Donate to The Moderate Voice
- American accused of killing Zimbabwe's popular Cecil the lion July 28, 2015
- After videos, Senate Republicans target Planned Parenthood vote July 28, 2015
- After strong quarter, Ford aims to 'disrupt like a startup' July 28, 2015
- Kerry warns U.S. Congress scrapping Iran deal would mean path to nuclear weapon July 28, 2015
- Global stocks rally as China fears dwindle, oil prices steady July 28, 2015
- China shares fall again as Beijing scrambles to calm markets July 28, 2015
- Prison employee who aided New York escapees pleads guilty July 28, 2015
- Libyan court sentences Gaddafi son Saif, eight other ex-officials to death July 28, 2015
- Russian submarine wreck off Sweden likely dates from WW1 July 28, 2015
- NATO backs Turkey on Islamic State, some urge peace with Kurds July 28, 2015
2008 Elections Afghanistan Afghanistan War Al Qaeda Barack Obama Bill Clinton Blogging Business Cartoon Commentary China Columnists Comedy & Humor Congress Conservatives Corporations Democrats Economy Europe France Germany Health Health Care History Human Rights Iran Iraq Iraq War Islam Israel Journalism Media Media Criticism Middle East Mitt Romney Newspapers Newsweek Blogitics Pakistan Politics Republicans Russia Television Terrorism USA Wall Street War On Terror
Creative Commons License
The Moderate Voice by Joe Gandelman is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.