A Washington Post-ABC News poll finds that 69% of Americans (including many liberal Democrats) support the highly touted and in some circles highly condemned tax deal hammered out last week by President Barack Obama and GOpers in Congress. So much for the outrage on the left, Tea Party members upset on the right, ideological talk shows that suggested it will eventually fail, and left and right blogs that consider it a sell out. The poll suggests once again that there is a center in American politics — it may shift, but it is a center. And the poll could mean Congressional Republicans will do some modest compromises when they can but not call it that and that Obama will increasingly feel he has nothing to lose by taking on his party’s liberal base.
Search The Moderate Voice
Donate to The Moderate Voice
Use the Dollar Button below!
- Review of Hillary Clinton emails to take months: U.S. official March 5, 2015
- Delta plane slides off runway at snowy New York airport March 5, 2015
- Knife-wielding attacker slashes face of U.S. ambassador in South Korea March 5, 2015
- AbbVie boosts cancer drug pipeline with $21 billion Pharmacyclics deal March 5, 2015
- Euro sags to 11-1/2-year low, bonds rise after ECB March 5, 2015
- Islamic State torches oil field near Tikrit as militia advance March 5, 2015
- Soft U.S. data hints at near-term hiccup in economic growth March 5, 2015
- Hillary Clinton's focus on women's pay may resonate broadly: poll March 5, 2015
- China signals 'new normal' with higher spending, lower growth target March 5, 2015
- Two Germans to be caned, jailed for Singapore train graffiti March 5, 2015
2008 Elections Afghanistan Afghanistan War Al Qaeda Barack Obama Bill Clinton Blogging Business Cartoon Commentary China Columnists Comedy & Humor Congress Conservatives Corporations Democrats Economy Europe France Germany Health Health Care History Human Rights Iran Iraq Iraq War Islam Israel Journalism Media Media Criticism Middle East Mitt Romney Newspapers Newsweek Blogitics Pakistan Politics Republicans Russia Television Terrorism USA Wall Street War On Terror
Creative Commons License
The Moderate Voice by Joe Gandelman is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.