A Washington Post-ABC News poll finds that 69% of Americans (including many liberal Democrats) support the highly touted and in some circles highly condemned tax deal hammered out last week by President Barack Obama and GOpers in Congress. So much for the outrage on the left, Tea Party members upset on the right, ideological talk shows that suggested it will eventually fail, and left and right blogs that consider it a sell out. The poll suggests once again that there is a center in American politics — it may shift, but it is a center. And the poll could mean Congressional Republicans will do some modest compromises when they can but not call it that and that Obama will increasingly feel he has nothing to lose by taking on his party’s liberal base.
Search The Moderate Voice
Donate to The Moderate Voice
Use the Dollar Button below!
- Yum cuts ties to owner of China meat plant after scandal July 23, 2014
- Exclusive: Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile July 23, 2014
- TransAsia Airways plane crashes in typhoon-hit Taiwan, killing 47 July 23, 2014
- Gaza bloodshed deepens as airlines shun Israel July 23, 2014
- GM recalls 717,950 vehicles in U.S., not for ignition switches July 23, 2014
- Two Ukrainian fighter jets shot down over rebel-held territory July 23, 2014
- NBA great LeBron James sends 800 cupcake apologies to hometown July 23, 2014
- Hamas tactics exact high toll in Israeli ground thrust July 23, 2014
- SEC adopts long-awaited reforms for money market funds July 23, 2014
- South Korea ferry fugitive hid behind cabin wall, bags of cash at hand July 23, 2014
2008 Elections Afghanistan Afghanistan War Al Qaeda Barack Obama Bill Clinton Blogging Business Cartoon Commentary China Columnists Comedy & Humor Congress Conservatives Corporations Democrats Economy Europe France Germany Health Health Care History Human Rights Iran Iraq Iraq War Islam Israel Journalism Media Media Criticism Middle East Mitt Romney Newspapers Newsweek Blogitics Pakistan Politics Republicans Russia Television Terrorism USA Wall Street War On Terror