A Washington Post-ABC News poll finds that 69% of Americans (including many liberal Democrats) support the highly touted and in some circles highly condemned tax deal hammered out last week by President Barack Obama and GOpers in Congress. So much for the outrage on the left, Tea Party members upset on the right, ideological talk shows that suggested it will eventually fail, and left and right blogs that consider it a sell out. The poll suggests once again that there is a center in American politics — it may shift, but it is a center. And the poll could mean Congressional Republicans will do some modest compromises when they can but not call it that and that Obama will increasingly feel he has nothing to lose by taking on his party’s liberal base.
Search The Moderate Voice
Donate to The Moderate Voice
Use the Dollar Button below!
- Rambie on Obama may have to send troops
- Bob Munck on Isaac Asimov
- sheknows on Why a UN Climate Agreement Cannot be Reached
- sheknows on (Updated) Will the Neocons Eat French Fries Once Again?
- slamfu on (Updated) Will the Neocons Eat French Fries Once Again?
- Chinese ADRs fall sharply on the day September 22, 2014
- Ukrainians to pull back big guns from front line with separatists September 22, 2014
- Qatar will not host World Cup: FIFA's Zwanziger September 22, 2014
- Thousands of Hong Kong students 'grasp destiny' in demand for democracy September 22, 2014
- New Jersey man attacked and killed by black bear, police say September 22, 2014
- Alibaba IPO ranks as world's biggest after additional shares sold September 22, 2014
- Islamic State urges attacks on U.S., French citizens, taunts Obama September 22, 2014
- Kurds say they have halted Islamic State advance on Syrian town September 22, 2014
- Siemens agrees to $7.6 billion deal to buy Dresser-Rand September 22, 2014
- Philanthropies, including Rockefellers, and investors pledge $50 billion fossil fuel divestment September 22, 2014
2008 Elections Afghanistan Afghanistan War Al Qaeda Barack Obama Bill Clinton Blogging Business Cartoon Commentary China Columnists Comedy & Humor Congress Conservatives Corporations Democrats Economy Europe France Germany Health Health Care History Human Rights Iran Iraq Iraq War Islam Israel Journalism Media Media Criticism Middle East Mitt Romney Newspapers Newsweek Blogitics Pakistan Politics Republicans Russia Television Terrorism USA Wall Street War On Terror