A Washington Post-ABC News poll finds that 69% of Americans (including many liberal Democrats) support the highly touted and in some circles highly condemned tax deal hammered out last week by President Barack Obama and GOpers in Congress. So much for the outrage on the left, Tea Party members upset on the right, ideological talk shows that suggested it will eventually fail, and left and right blogs that consider it a sell out. The poll suggests once again that there is a center in American politics — it may shift, but it is a center. And the poll could mean Congressional Republicans will do some modest compromises when they can but not call it that and that Obama will increasingly feel he has nothing to lose by taking on his party’s liberal base.
Search The Moderate Voice
Donate to The Moderate Voice
Use the Dollar Button below!
- West not expected to demand Iran atom bomb "mea culpa" in deal November 22, 2014
- Obama seeks support for immigration plan, blasts Boehner November 22, 2014
- Lavrov accuses West of seeking 'regime change' in Russia November 22, 2014
- Islamic State kills at least 25 Iraqi tribesmen near Ramadi: officials November 22, 2014
- Four dead in murder-suicide on South Dakota reservation, police say November 22, 2014
- FBI arrests two would-be Ferguson bomb suspects: law enforcement source November 22, 2014
- Somalia's al Shabaab says kills 28 in northeast Kenya bus attack November 22, 2014
- U.S.-led strikes have killed 910 people in Syria: monitor November 22, 2014
- Officials prepare for Ferguson grand jury decision, urge calm November 22, 2014
- Obama signs order expanding U.S. Afghanistan role: NYT November 22, 2014
2008 Elections Afghanistan Afghanistan War Al Qaeda Barack Obama Bill Clinton Blogging Business Cartoon Commentary China Columnists Comedy & Humor Congress Conservatives Corporations Democrats Economy Europe France Germany Health Health Care History Human Rights Iran Iraq Iraq War Islam Israel Journalism Media Media Criticism Middle East Mitt Romney Newspapers Newsweek Blogitics Pakistan Politics Republicans Russia Television Terrorism USA Wall Street War On Terror
Creative Commons License
The Moderate Voice by Joe Gandelman is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.