A Washington Post-ABC News poll finds that 69% of Americans (including many liberal Democrats) support the highly touted and in some circles highly condemned tax deal hammered out last week by President Barack Obama and GOpers in Congress. So much for the outrage on the left, Tea Party members upset on the right, ideological talk shows that suggested it will eventually fail, and left and right blogs that consider it a sell out. The poll suggests once again that there is a center in American politics — it may shift, but it is a center. And the poll could mean Congressional Republicans will do some modest compromises when they can but not call it that and that Obama will increasingly feel he has nothing to lose by taking on his party’s liberal base.
Search The Moderate Voice
Donate to The Moderate Voice
Use the Dollar Button below!
- Ukraine peace talks collapse, Kiev and separatists trade blame January 31, 2015
- UPDATE 3-Whitney Houston's daughter revived after being rushed to hospital January 31, 2015
- San Francisco police arrest man over body parts found in suitcase January 31, 2015
- Winter storm threatens heavy snow, sleet from Midwest to East Coast January 31, 2015
- Germany, ECB play hardball with Greece January 31, 2015
- U.S. regulators recall 2.1 million vehicles in new air bag issue January 31, 2015
- Kurds retake oil facility in north Iraq, 15 workers still missing January 31, 2015
- Greece says will not cooperate with 'troika' or seek aid extension January 31, 2015
- AirAsia captain left seat before jet lost control: sources January 31, 2015
- Japan says hostage negotiations with militants 'deadlocked' January 31, 2015
2008 Elections Afghanistan Afghanistan War Al Qaeda Barack Obama Bill Clinton Blogging Business Cartoon Commentary China Columnists Comedy & Humor Congress Conservatives Corporations Democrats Economy Europe France Germany Health Health Care History Human Rights Iran Iraq Iraq War Islam Israel Journalism Media Media Criticism Middle East Mitt Romney Newspapers Newsweek Blogitics Pakistan Politics Republicans Russia Television Terrorism USA Wall Street War On Terror
Creative Commons License
The Moderate Voice by Joe Gandelman is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.