A Washington Post-ABC News poll finds that 69% of Americans (including many liberal Democrats) support the highly touted and in some circles highly condemned tax deal hammered out last week by President Barack Obama and GOpers in Congress. So much for the outrage on the left, Tea Party members upset on the right, ideological talk shows that suggested it will eventually fail, and left and right blogs that consider it a sell out. The poll suggests once again that there is a center in American politics — it may shift, but it is a center. And the poll could mean Congressional Republicans will do some modest compromises when they can but not call it that and that Obama will increasingly feel he has nothing to lose by taking on his party’s liberal base.
Search The Moderate Voice
Donate to The Moderate Voice
Use the Dollar Button below!
- DR. CLARISSA PINKOLA ESTÉS, Managing Editor of TMV, and Columnist on Putin: Russia Does Not Spy on its Citizens — as the U.S. Does
- RON BEASLEY on On climate, business as usual
- cjjack on Rush Limbaugh: the beginning of the end?
- Ron Chusid on Insurance Companies Plan To Increase Policies Offered On Exchanges Following 2014 Success, And Other Health Care News
- The_Ohioan on Jews ordered to register in east Ukraine (UPDATED)
- After Nevada ranch stand-off, emboldened militias ask: where next? April 17, 2014
- Divers struggle in search for South Korean ferry survivors April 17, 2014
- Four-way talks call for end to Ukraine violence April 17, 2014
- Teen in 'Jihad Jane' case sentenced to five years in prison April 17, 2014
- Jobless claims, factory data put some shine on economy April 17, 2014
- California city evacuation lifted after military ordnance found April 17, 2014
- Runaway spy Snowden is surprise guest on Putin phone-in April 17, 2014
- Search for Malaysia jet refocuses on drone scans of sea floor April 17, 2014
- India passes halfway mark in election with Hindu nationalists gaining strength April 17, 2014
- UPDATE 7-Divers struggle in search for South Korean ferry survivors April 17, 2014
2008 Elections Afghanistan Afghanistan War Al Qaeda Barack Obama Bill Clinton Blogging Business Cartoon Commentary China Columnists Comedy & Humor Congress Conservatives Corporations Democrats Economy Europe France Germany Health Health Care History Human Rights Internet News Media Iran Iraq Iraq War Islam Israel Journalism Media Media Criticism Middle East Mitt Romney Newspapers Newsweek Blogitics Pakistan Politics Republicans Russia Terrorism USA Wall Street War On Terror