A Washington Post-ABC News poll finds that 69% of Americans (including many liberal Democrats) support the highly touted and in some circles highly condemned tax deal hammered out last week by President Barack Obama and GOpers in Congress. So much for the outrage on the left, Tea Party members upset on the right, ideological talk shows that suggested it will eventually fail, and left and right blogs that consider it a sell out. The poll suggests once again that there is a center in American politics — it may shift, but it is a center. And the poll could mean Congressional Republicans will do some modest compromises when they can but not call it that and that Obama will increasingly feel he has nothing to lose by taking on his party’s liberal base.
Search The Moderate Voice
Donate to The Moderate Voice
Use the Dollar Button below!
- Time for Iran to make tough decisions in nuclear talks: U.S. March 27, 2015
- Oil dives 5 percent as worries about Iran talks trump Yemen March 27, 2015
- Torn-up sick notes show crash pilot should have been grounded March 27, 2015
- Exclusive: Upset by Warren, U.S. banks debate halting some campaign donations March 27, 2015
- Police seek two people unaccounted for after New York explosion March 27, 2015
- Yemen Houthi rebels advance despite Saudi-led air strikes March 27, 2015
- Germanwings co-pilot had serious depressive episode: Bild newspaper March 27, 2015
- Senate passes Republican budget with deep safety net cuts March 27, 2015
- Co-pilot suspected of deliberately crashing Germanwings jet March 27, 2015
- The $50 device that symbolizes a shift in North Korea March 27, 2015
2008 Elections Afghanistan Afghanistan War Al Qaeda Barack Obama Bill Clinton Blogging Business Cartoon Commentary China Columnists Comedy & Humor Congress Conservatives Corporations Democrats Economy Europe France Germany Health Health Care History Human Rights Iran Iraq Iraq War Islam Israel Journalism Media Media Criticism Middle East Mitt Romney Newspapers Newsweek Blogitics Pakistan Politics Republicans Russia Television Terrorism USA Wall Street War On Terror
Creative Commons License
The Moderate Voice by Joe Gandelman is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.