A Washington Post-ABC News poll finds that 69% of Americans (including many liberal Democrats) support the highly touted and in some circles highly condemned tax deal hammered out last week by President Barack Obama and GOpers in Congress. So much for the outrage on the left, Tea Party members upset on the right, ideological talk shows that suggested it will eventually fail, and left and right blogs that consider it a sell out. The poll suggests once again that there is a center in American politics — it may shift, but it is a center. And the poll could mean Congressional Republicans will do some modest compromises when they can but not call it that and that Obama will increasingly feel he has nothing to lose by taking on his party’s liberal base.
Search The Moderate Voice
Donate to The Moderate Voice
Use the Dollar Button below!
- Philippines moves to calm panic-buying as typhoon bears down December 4, 2014
- Islamic State cedes little ground despite air attacks December 4, 2014
- Shares lifted by ECB, Chinese and Japanese stimulus hopes December 4, 2014
- North Korea surfaces in Sony investigators' probe into hack December 4, 2014
- Protesters block NY streets after officer cleared in chokehold death December 4, 2014
- U.S. believes Iran launched air raids on Islamic State in Iraq December 4, 2014
- More women detail sex abuse claims against Bill Cosby December 4, 2014
- States sue Obama administration on immigration December 4, 2014
- NY policeman not indicted in chokehold death; U.S. Justice sets probe December 3, 2014
- American possibly exposed to Ebola being transferred to Atlanta hospital December 3, 2014
2008 Elections Afghanistan Afghanistan War Al Qaeda Barack Obama Bill Clinton Blogging Business Cartoon Commentary China Columnists Comedy & Humor Congress Conservatives Corporations Democrats Economy Europe France Germany Health Health Care History Human Rights Iran Iraq Iraq War Islam Israel Journalism Media Media Criticism Middle East Mitt Romney Newspapers Newsweek Blogitics Pakistan Politics Republicans Russia Television Terrorism USA Wall Street War On Terror
Creative Commons License
The Moderate Voice by Joe Gandelman is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.