I’ve often said that Colin Powell indeed does voice the sentiment of a lot of moderates, including former Republicans who were moderates. In my own case, when he talks it’s as if he was a fly on the wall picking up what I’ve told friends or what I’ve written at times here on TMV. Here he is making the argument that Obama could be attacked on policy but that some — such as Newt Gingrich — are going beyond that. He does it politely — but it is a smackdown.
Search The Moderate Voice
Donate to The Moderate Voice
- EU makes last-ditch bid to save Greek bailout June 30, 2015
- Markets on tenterhooks as Greek deadline looms June 30, 2015
- Puerto Rico governor calls for bankruptcy; adviser says island 'insolvent' June 30, 2015
- More than 100 feared dead after Indonesian military plane crashes June 30, 2015
- Tunisia sees Libya link to beach resort attacker: source June 30, 2015
- Islamic State beheads female civilians for first time in Syria: monitor June 30, 2015
- Obama plans to expand overtime eligibility for millions of workers June 30, 2015
- Man sets himself alight on Japan bullet train, second passenger dies June 30, 2015
- RPT-Greece may find it is easier to close banks than re-open them June 30, 2015
- Fire destroys historic Oregon baseball stadium June 30, 2015
2008 Elections Afghanistan Afghanistan War Al Qaeda Barack Obama Bill Clinton Blogging Business Cartoon Commentary China Columnists Comedy & Humor Congress Conservatives Corporations Democrats Economy Europe France Germany Health Health Care History Human Rights Iran Iraq Iraq War Islam Israel Journalism Media Media Criticism Middle East Mitt Romney Newspapers Newsweek Blogitics Pakistan Politics Republicans Russia Television Terrorism USA Wall Street War On Terror
Creative Commons License
The Moderate Voice by Joe Gandelman is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.