There could be some short term tactical gains for the McCain campaign (send a message to the press about more favorable coverage, be cheered by some in the GOP’s base) but it’s a huge mistake in the long run. It will confirm the growing belief that the McCain campaign is afraid to expose Palin to uncontrolled questioning and that she can’t handle questions. And it adds to the general narrative that the Straight Talk Express is not. This will most certainly be reflected in some campaign coverage and analysis.
Search The Moderate Voice
Donate to The Moderate Voice
Use the Dollar Button below!
- Brazil presidential campaign ends in slugfest over corruption October 25, 2014
- U.S. nurse quarantined over Ebola criticizes her treatment October 25, 2014
- Two deputies killed, two others hurt in California shooting spree October 25, 2014
- Kurdish forces retake north Iraqi town from Islamic State October 25, 2014
- Police seek motive in fatal Washington state school shooting October 25, 2014
- Deutsche Bank lawyer found dead by suicide in New York October 25, 2014
- U.S., allies stage 22 air strikes in Iraq: U.S. Central Command October 25, 2014
- Iran hangs woman convicted of killing alleged rapist October 25, 2014
- Medical worker quarantined in New Jersey under new Ebola safeguards October 25, 2014
- Canada vows tougher laws as citizens worry in face of attacks October 25, 2014
2008 Elections Afghanistan Afghanistan War Al Qaeda Barack Obama Bill Clinton Blogging Business Cartoon Commentary China Columnists Comedy & Humor Congress Conservatives Corporations Democrats Economy Europe France Germany Health Health Care History Human Rights Iran Iraq Iraq War Islam Israel Journalism Media Media Criticism Middle East Mitt Romney Newspapers Newsweek Blogitics Pakistan Politics Republicans Russia Television Terrorism USA Wall Street War On Terror
Creative Commons License
The Moderate Voice by Joe Gandelman is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.