There could be some short term tactical gains for the McCain campaign (send a message to the press about more favorable coverage, be cheered by some in the GOP’s base) but it’s a huge mistake in the long run. It will confirm the growing belief that the McCain campaign is afraid to expose Palin to uncontrolled questioning and that she can’t handle questions. And it adds to the general narrative that the Straight Talk Express is not. This will most certainly be reflected in some campaign coverage and analysis.
Search The Moderate Voice
Donate to The Moderate Voice
Use the Dollar Button below!
- Oil surges 8 percent as U.S. rig count plunges, shorts scramble January 30, 2015
- Rap mogul Suge Knight arrested for murder in LA after hit-and-run January 30, 2015
- Ukraine peace talks aborted as civilians die in east January 30, 2015
- Republican Romney opts out of a 2016 run for president January 30, 2015
- UPDATE 3-Burger chain Shake Shack sizzles in market debut January 30, 2015
- Japan, Jordan seek news on fate of Islamic State captives January 30, 2015
- Russian central bank makes surprise interest rate cut January 30, 2015
- U.S. economy cools in fourth quarter, but consumer spending shines January 30, 2015
- Egypt's Sisi cuts short Ethiopia visit after 32 killed in Sinai January 30, 2015
- Islamic State attacks Kurdish outposts across Iraq January 30, 2015
2008 Elections Afghanistan Afghanistan War Al Qaeda Barack Obama Bill Clinton Blogging Business Cartoon Commentary China Columnists Comedy & Humor Congress Conservatives Corporations Democrats Economy Europe France Germany Health Health Care History Human Rights Iran Iraq Iraq War Islam Israel Journalism Media Media Criticism Middle East Mitt Romney Newspapers Newsweek Blogitics Pakistan Politics Republicans Russia Television Terrorism USA Wall Street War On Terror
Creative Commons License
The Moderate Voice by Joe Gandelman is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.