The Gang That Couldn’t Shoot Straight

NRA gun gal of the month

Evidently, the NRA needs to let people know who their enemies are.

Paranoid NRA Releases Enemy List – Are YOU On It?
McAllister / Addicting Info

Enemy lists…They go back as far as politics have been a part of our culture.  Nixon, Joseph McCarthy, Pol Pot, Stalin, Lenin, Hitler, Saddam Hussein, and Generalissimo Francisco Franco, who is, we believe, still dead…

The actual list is almost hilarious: The AARP, it begins. The AFL-CIO. And so on and so forth in an eructation of paranoia so intense that one would prefer that whoever came up with this loopy and loony list were NOT gun owners, proud or not.

Consider this “enemy” of the NRA: “Nora Ephron – Director” [Right between Missy Eliot and Gloria Estefan]

I guess Nora is attacking the NRA from beyond the grave, since she died in mid-2012.

As is: “Andy Williams – Singer”

andy-williams-historia-de-amor-love-story-cbs

Make war, not love. Oh wait. Too late.

Or the entire surviving Zappa family (one presumes that Frank would be opposing the NRA in an afterlife, were there an afterlife to oppose the NRA in):

Ahmet Zappa -Actor

Diva Zappa -Actress

Dweezil Zappa – Musician

Gail Zappa –  [sic]

Moon Zappa -Actress

Frank Zappa

Dead Frank Zappa did not, like dead Andy Williams,
make the list, 
but his entire living family did.

Or “Ed Koch – Former Politician,” who died last night, just before he could learn the awful news that the NRA considers him an enemy.

And here’s the scary portion to journalists:

The following journalists actively
editorialize in favor of gun control laws:

Steve Benson – Cartoonist

Tony Auth – Cartoonist

Jim Borgman – Cartoonist

Jimmy Breslin – Columnist

Stuart Carlson – Cartoonist

Marie Cocco – Columnist

E.J. Dionne Jr. – Columnist

[...]

And don’t forget those wimpy pro football and baseball teams (from Missouri, that is):

KC Chiefs

danged gun enemies!

Kansas City Chiefs
One Arrowhead Drive
Kansas City, MO 64129
(816) 924-9300
www.kcchiefs.com
Pro Football Team

Kansas City Royals
David Glass, CEO
P.O. Box 419969
Kansas City, MO 64141
(816) 921-8000
www.kcroyals.com
Pro Baseball Team

[...]

St. Louis Rams
One Rams Way
Earth City, MO 63045
(314) 982-7267
www.stlouisrams.com
Pro Football Team

Or Sean Connery, that notorious wussy and peacenik.

And so on and so forth. Nothing like a gun organization run by crazies putting out an enemies list.

jesus-with-rifle

NRA Jesus agrees

Nothing problematic about that.

Nosirree.

Courage.

====================

A writer, published author, novelist, literary critic and political observer for a quarter of a quarter-century more than a quarter-century, Hart Williams has lived in the American West for his entire life. Having grown up in Wyoming, Kansas and New Mexico, an honorary Texan, Clown (ditto) and a veteran of Hollywood, Mr. Williams currently lives in Oregon, along with an astonishing amount of pollen. He has a lively blog His Vorpal Sword. This is cross-posted from his blog

Author: HART WILLIAMS, Guest Voice Columnist

A writer, published author, novelist, literary critic and political observer for a quarter of a quarter-century more than a quarter-century, Hart Williams has lived in the American West for his entire life. Having grown up in Wyoming, Kansas and New Mexico, a survivor of Texas and a veteran of Hollywood, Mr. Williams currently lives in Oregon, along with an astonishing amount of pollen. He has a lively blog, His Vorpal Sword (no spaces) dot com.

Share This Post On

11 Comments

1. I saw this list posted a few weeks ago by a friend on Facebook, who was trying to stir up a boycott of all these people/organizations.

I wonder how many of our stalwart defenders of the 2nd Amendment will be manly enough to boycott the big game this Sunday? After all, the game is being broadcast on one of the networks the NRA considers to be an enemy: CBS

2. As I posted not too long ago, know someone by their enemies. Although usually they are not so thoughtful as to write an actual list and post it on the internet. Lol, good god what is wrong with the NRA?

3. Thanks Hart,

Your article points out just why so many are joining those of us who have doubted the NRA’s sanity prior to their latest assaults on reason.

Here’s only the “A” on the NRA’s asinine list…

• AARP
    • AFL-CIO
    • Ambulatory Pediatric Association
    • American Academy of Pediatrics
    • American Civil Liberties Union
    • American Academy of Ambulatory Care Nursing
    • American Medical Women`s Association
    • American Medical Student Association
    • American Medical Association
    • American Association for the Surgery of Trauma
    • American Trauma Society
    • American Federation of Teachers
    • American Association of School Administrators
    • American Alliance for Rights and Responsibilities
    • American Medical Association
    • American Bar Association
    • American Counseling Association
    • American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
    • American Academy of Pediatrics
    • American Association for World Health
    • American Ethical Union
    • American Nurses Association
    • American Association of Neurological Surgeons
    • American Association of Family and Consumer Sciences
    • American Firearms Association
    • American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
    • American Jewish Committee
    • American Trauma Society
    • American Psychological Association
    • American Jewish Congress
    • American Public Health Association
    • Americans for Democratic Action
    • Anti-Defamation League

That they actually believe publishing the names of respected associations in favor of gun control is going to help their cause is further proof of the NRA’s inability of think rationally.

4. Is this for real?? Is the NRA admitting to a published list?? I have heard of their rating system for people , but I am amazed they would actually comprise a list of organizations they feel are “unsympathetic” to the cause.
    Well, it might be easier and much, much shorter to publish a list of sympathizers.
    If they did that, then WE could see who our enemies are!

5. I didn’t even realize I was on the enemies list! AARP member since 2009 :) It kind of makes me feel all tingley inside. :)

6. sheknows asks: Is this for real?? Is the NRA admitting to a published list??

Yes, it was posted on September 17, 2012 and is still online…
    NRA – Institute for Legislative Action: National Organizations With Anti-Gun Policies

The NRA seems to think it will do something positive for their ’cause’ [sic]. :)

7. Among my favorites on the list are the PTA and the YWCA.

This enemies list goes hand in hand with LaPierre’s thuggish bodyguards shoving photographers and reporters out of the way and into walls as they walked “His Arrogance” to the Congressional hearing room as reported by Dana Milbank.

8. Loved the NRA gal of the month calendar. Where can we buy one for 2013? Well the list looks like a list of rational people and organizations, no fun there. A list of supporters would be more interesting and probably shorter, it would probably be good for a few laughs as well.

9. tidbits, I did not hear about that. LOL. A) the fact that he hired bodyguards ( high on his list of recommendations these days) and B) he has compiled a list of enemies, ( which comprise over 80% of American organizations) should tell our lawmakers just how sick this man really is. He is a raving paranoid with obvious delusions of grandeur ( for starters). And STILL we can’t get anyone to pass gun legislation? I love it.

10. What does he need body guards for? I thought an armed society is a polite society…

11. I believe an accurate, albeit unrecognized, definition of “insanity” is “the inability to look at anything beyond the confines of a single viewpoint, opinion, paradigm or issue.” These folks only and ever think of “guns for all”, and anyone who thinks otherwise is an enemy.

These folks are clinically insane. Explains much.

Submit a Comment