An Internet hub for centrists, independents and moderates with domestic and international news, analysis, original reporting and popular features from the left, center and right.
« Romney and the Media Parrot (Cartoon)
Rush Limbaugh Suggests Hurricane Center’s Forecast is Intentionally Politically Working With Obama »
Aug 27, 2012 by JOE GANDELMAN, Editor-In-Chief
And you thought you had trouble with neighbors when you had a noisy party. Think again:
Posted on Apr 11, 2013
Posted on Mar 24, 2013
Posted on Mar 14, 2013
Posted on Dec 28, 2012
Just sickening. How Afghanistan hasn’t just rallied together in the last 10 years to make sure these psychotics don’t return to power is beyond me. Karzai and his fellow bastards are going to reap the whirlwind for their negligence when we leave. I just hope he doesn’t escape to the Riviera with whatever he can steal before they catch up to him.
Frankly, I find the harsh literalist interpretation of the Koran to be disturbing. An interpretation that demeans women and children to the level of owned chattel, is used to justify child pedophile against young boys by older men, and fanatical justifications for their interpretation of a ‘righteous’ society. It’s especially disturbing when the vast majority of the Islamic world does not agree with this fundamentalist crap and the Koran has just as many, and even more injunctions against this kind of fundamentalist fanaticism.
Afghanistan is a country whose population is still locked in primitive medieval tribalism whose collective mindset simply won’t step into the modern and civilized world where humane considerations are put ahead of the paradisiacal fantasies of a few tin tyrants and their ignorant minions bent on taking their countrymen down the path of self-distruction in the name of ‘Allah.’
Somebody please explain to me why we are still there.
1) Al Qaeda, from all accounts, is not there
2) Karzai and his regime are incorrigibly corrupt
3) Opium is about the only semi-good thing coming out of the place, and that’s illegal
4) The people have been killing foreigners when they are there, each other when there are no foreigners for…2500 years?
5) The quantity of viable airports in the place should make keeping the population contained fairly easy
6) We could blow the place up, bring it back to the stone age (setting them back maybe fifteen weeks, twenty tops) and then leave, threatening to do it again if they let our enemies back in
7) They regard our helping them as an affront to their independence
8) They claim to support the more brutal side of any conflict (not necessarily a dumb idea, but one of which we will always come out on the short end)
Base Design by Elegant Themes | Customized for TMV by T-Steel and Shika | © 2004-2013 The Moderate Voice. All rights reserved.