USS Iowa Tow Delayed
For those who read my earlier post about the USS Iowa heading out of San Francisco Bay today, word just coming in that the tow is delayed due to weather conditions at sea.
It looks like they will be having heavy seas and gale force winds for most of the rest of the week so that could push things into June (assuming that Memorial Day weekend would be too complicated to do the tow)
For now it is a day to day situation, but I will keep you informed once I know more. It is still going to be a sight to see.
For details on the Iowa, check the Pacific Battleship Center
For details on the SS Jeremiah O’Brien check here
Both are excellent causes for donations.
You can also follow the Pacific Battleship Center on Facebook.
If you were planning to watch the Iowa, try checking out the eclipse instead.