Arby’s Reportedly Gives Teenager the Finger
I travel a lot and I know that Arby’s has upgraded its menu with some great sandwiches. But maybe their finger food is going too far:
A Michigan teen ordered a junior roast beef sandwich at a local Arby’s restaurant, only to make a gruesome discovery halfway through the meal.
Ryan Hart, 14, of Blackman Township, said he had nearly polished off his sandwich last Friday when he sunk his teeth into something tough that tasted like rubber, so he spit it out.
As the boy discovered to his horror, the chewy bit was the back of a finger, including the fleshly pad and extending beyond the first. The gristly find was about one-inch long and a quarter-inch thick.
‘I was about to puke …it was just nasty,’ he told the Jackson Citizen Patriot.
An Arby’s employee apparently cut off a part of her digit on a meat slicer and left her station without immediately notifying anyone, said Steve Hall, the environmental health director for the Jackson County Health Department.
The injured worker’s colleagues continued filling orders at the busy eatery before they became aware of what happened, Hall added.
I’d say give Hart a hand for bringing this to light, but it sounds as if he already got part of one.