A Little Lotto Perspective
While I had as much fun as anyone daydreaming about what I would do if I won the lottery, here is a little something to put life in perspectie
Do you have the following 4 things ?
1. Clothing (shirt/shoes/pants/socks) to wear each day
2. Food to eat every day (even enough to require you to go on a diet)
3. An indoor place to sleep every night
4. An indoor place to answer natures call
If you have those 4 things you are richer than 75% of the planet (or richer than around 4 billion people).
If in addition to the above you have
1. A bank account with $ 100 dollars in it
2. Money in your pocket (say $ 20)
then you are richer than 80% of the planet (or richer than about 5 billion people)
If you also have regular access to the internet, use of a car, cable TV and you can take a vacation every year or two then you are richer than 90% of the planet, which means that you are richer than 5.4 billion people.
So life is pretty darn good, isn’t it ?